Senior Investments Operations Manager
This position is accountable for the overall facilitating of Columbia Threadneedle institutional and sub-advisory client and account on-boarding and subsequent change activities across multiple operations and business units to ensure for a successful client experience. In this role, the Senior Manager is responsible for planning, organizing and guiding the team in the day-to-day operation functions and the improvement of the processes & procedures including measuring department performance, both qualitatively and quantitatively. Works with applicable business partners on the development of new processes, systems, products and business initiatives. Responsibilities
- Lead a team responsible for the assessment and on boarding of new Columbia Threadneedle clients Ensures activities are performed in accordance with established policy and procedures. Manages workflow, change, issue escalation and resolution. Responsible for understanding and managing risks associated with client administration activities and enforcing regulatory or company policies.
- Provide subject matter expertise to business-driven initiatives, internal partners, leadership or projects related to operations as necessary. Perform change management activities including identifying tasks, assigning and supporting resources to execute initiatives. Develop and deliver impact analysis for institutional and sub-advisory accounts, actively participating and/or driving resolution to complex issues or problems.
- Develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders, partners and clients. Understand internal and external client goals, needs and expectations. Provide effective and timely communication.
- Monitor, track and report on performance against service level goals and benchmarks. Performs trend analysis, identifies and recommends process improvements designed to meet client expectations, and corporate goals.
- Responsible for goal setting, managing performance, hiring, coaching, mentoring and developing staff to their full potential.
About Our Company
- Bachelors degree and 7+ years of work experience
- Experience in a investment management function responsible for day-to-day processes
- In-depth knowledge of business operations and processes with ability to conduct process improvement efforts.
- Proven project management experience; ability to manage multiple priorities and time sensitive deadlines.
- Ability to think strategically, while maintaining a focus on a tactical level.
- Ability to effectively partner and influence both internal and external partners.
- Demonstrated ability to work across multiple levels of leadership; effectively partner and influence stakeholders.
- Strong communication and writing skills.
- Previous people management experience
Millions of people around the world rely on Columbia Threadneedle Investments to manage their money. We're intentionally built to help our clients succeed, backed by a global team of 2,000 people including more than 450 investment professionals sharing global perspectives across all major asset classes and markets. At Columbia Threadneedle, you'll find the promise we make to our clients is the same one we make to our employees: Your success is our priority. In addition to our competitive total rewards package, employees stay with us because of our culture and commitment to their development. And, backed by the strength of our parent company, Ameriprise Financial, we are committed to providing you with the tools, resources, recognition and rewards to help you shape the career you want.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.