Senior Director of Controls
- Boston, MA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Fidelity Investments
- 14 Dec 17 2017-12-14
Senior Director of Controls
The Expertise We're Looking For
We're looking for a highly motivated individual who will help us to design procedures, controls and testing programs that will ensure we are appropriately addressing the financial risk that exists within the Fidelity Real Estate Group that stems from transacting with vendors, long term construction contracts, outsourcing of significant functions and day to day operations.
The Purpose of Your Role
Fidelity Real Estate Company (RE) is responsible for all of the functions required to manage the real estate portfolio utilized by the Fidelity associates. The portfolio totals approximately 11M square feet, with annual budgets of approximately $500M in operating expense and $200M in capital. As a member of the RE finance team, this position requires critical thinking skills, an awareness of risk and an ability to design new or enhanced processes. The individual will work directly with all levels of the RE management team to develop risk assessments, testing plans and remediation plans.
The Skills You Bring
- Your ability to plan, organize and execute on a risk assessment plan
- Your ability to coach associates on your team
- Your ability to coordinate with business partners, controllership team, and corporate audit
- Your ability to summarize and present results to the Real Estate Senior Team
- Your motivation, being a team player with excellent process and organizational skills.
- Your excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Your strong oral, written, and presentation skills and demonstrate confidence.
- Your ability to manage multiple priorities.
The Value You Deliver
- Responsible for developing annual plans that address areas of financial risk for the real estate group, including creating risk assessments, testing of key controls and testing of major project costs.
- Accountable for overall strategy in implementing control enhancements.
- Partnering with business partners, finance colleagues, risk and vendor management colleagues when implementing solutions. Providing thought leadership to help lead those discussions.
- Accountable for identifying areas where investments or process improvements are needed to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of the overall control environment.
- Accountable for securing the support of business leaders for significant investments in control environment enhancements that are in line with the long term strategic objectives of the business. Accountable for ensuring that investments are successfully implemented.
- Accountable for ensuring the success of projects impacting accounting and controls, including the implementation of risk assessments for all material financial processes and the evaluation and implementation of new accounting standards.
- Being a thought leader in the finance community for control issues. Advising senior management and make recommendations based on facts presented. Developing a culture that is committed to accurate financial reporting that is in compliance with GAAP.
- Acting as the primary liaison with the central Controllership group and Corporate Audit group.
Fidelity Real Estate is responsible for significant vendor spending and a capital budget of approximately $200M per year. Ensuring that spending is appropriate, well controlled and appropriately authorized allows us to continue to meet the real estate needs of Fidelity.
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com