Senior Director Operations - Network Security & Controls
The Senior Director of Network Security & Controls which reports to the VP of Network Services is a critical role at Ameriprise given that a robust, secure, and reliable network infrastructure is increasingly essential to achieve business goads. You are a passionate and high energy individual who has the vision to see the future of networking & security in financial services, who can rapidly chart the roadmap to execute the vision, who has the desire to lead a team through the transformation required to achieve this vision, and who has the tenacity to get things done and make network infrastructure "like air."
In collaboration with the Chief Information Security Officer, network domain leaders, application development, architecture, and infrastructure teams, you will provide the leadership to the Network Security & Controls team that has the mandate to deploy, manage, and operate network security & controls globally, such as firewalls, intrusion protection systems, network access controls, and security policies, for, both, our public cloud and our on-premises infrastructure.
You will be managing a global team, including employees, contractors, & vendor partners who are responsible for day-to-day operational excellence and rapidly detecting, reacting, and resolving any outages/incidents. You will also be responsible for making sure our network environment is secure and meets regulatory and internal standards. You are someone who makes an active effort to understand the industry and its competitive pressures, who stays up-to-date on network technology trends, who anticipates business needs, and proactively positions network security capability to meet these future needs. Responsibilities
- Provide strategic direction to infrastructure and networking organization with direct accountability for capabilities in the Network Service Security & Controls Domain. Develop and maintain a global organization of high performing people through effective hiring, coaching and rigorous performance/talent management. Foster a collaborative, success-oriented team environment where resources are empowered and accountable.
- Be keenly attuned to the strategic direction and needs of the Chief Information Security Officer to make sure your plans are synchronized. Be equally attuned to the needs of end users who are dependent on the technology and services you provide to make sure that these network services are delivered rapidly and seamlessly (i.e. "like air").
- Operationally, fully leverage the capabilities of the tools/technologies, make network operations highly automated, effective, and efficient, and organize your team and optimize your processes so that the network is secure, resilient, stable, and highly available. Analyze data and telemetry provided by various tools to inform conclusions and decisions.
- Develop and manage your organization's budget. Optimize deployment of your budget/funding to maximize value to the business and meet cost, performance targets, and goals for your team.
- Establish and maintain productive working relationships with business partners, vendor partners and their resources, as well as other teams across technology. Manage vendor relationships and review their performance to make sure they are delivering high quality products/services to agreed-upon contractual terms and established SLA's/SLO's. Make sure that issues and service gaps are addressed in a timely fashion. Be informed of and influence their product/service strategies and roadmaps.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in Computer Science, MIS, or related field.
- 10+ years of relevant experience required.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of industry and technology advances to provide innovation and leadership in the selection, implementation and use of tools and best practices to drive excellence and optimization. Establish and maintain productive working relationships with business partners, vendor partners and their resources, as well as other teams across technology. Maintain a comprehensive understanding of business, business needs, and how technology drives and supports the business.
- Certifications preferred: ITIL Foundation, CISSP, CISM, CRISC, CCSP
- Proven success in ideating and implementing innovative solutions to optimize service, support and operational efficiency/effectiveness.
- Demonstrated maturity and effectiveness in leadership of technical projects and teams.
- Demonstrated superior ability to deliver technical solutions of increasing scope, complexity, visibility and criticality on time and within budget through both vendor (on- and off-shore) and employee resources.
- Highly effective communication skills that includes the ability to translate technical information to non-technical audiences and vice versa.
- Experience working in the financial services industry or other similar, highly regulated environment
- Advanced knowledge of Firewalls (Palo Alto, Check Point, Cisco), Security Chain (F5 SSLO), Network Access Control (Forescout, Cisco ISE)
- Experience utilizing Tufin for the automation of security policy changes and compliance reporting
- Experience implementing and operating network security for AWS and Azure