Senior Director, Communications
S&P Global is seeking an experienced and innovative communicator to join the S&P Global Ratings Communications team as Senior Director of Communications. In this role, you will be responsible for driving strategic internal communications for the Executive Committee, their leadership teams, and functions. You will connect our people to our purpose by bringing our divisional strategy to life, communicating about our initiatives, and elevating the employee experience. You will build communication strategies in support of major initiatives, change communications, providing editorial and writing support for significant business initiatives. You will also have opportunities to flex into external communications and highly visible special projects at a global scale.
You will report to the Global Head of Ratings Communications and will work as an integral member of the Ratings Communication leadership team. You will bring global and local knowledge, contacts, and expertise to implement global communication initiatives. You will serve as a strategic driver who brings forward best in class industry standards, new ways of doing things and help the Communications team advance in our capabilities by driving engagement, meaningful two-way communications, and dialogue activation. You are a passionate, innovative, and critical thinker, always looking for exciting, creative ways to get the right message, to the right person, at the right time and through the right channel.
You will oversee a communication resource who will support deeper within S&P Global Ratings (i.e., functional/departmental internal and external communications) with further growth opportunity to support the larger Ratings communications team. Responsibilities
- Partner with Executive Committee and their leadership teams to ensure successful internal global communications to keep all S&P Global Ratings' employees well-informed to help achieve business objectives
- Provide strategic thinking and direction to senior leaders in the planning and execution of internal communication programs
- Approve key messages to be delivered to regional, business, or large functional area employees and manages development of content on business strategies and growth
- Provide hands-on support for leadership communications, coaching and advising senior leaders, creating communication plans, producing, and publishing content across multiple channels (e.g., intranet, email, etc.) and organizing town halls and other events
- Develop innovative editorial content for various channels, including written communications, talking points, scripts, and events
- Develop thoughtful messaging and content for leadership to speak at internal engagements and advise on communication tactics and strategy
- Partner and collaborate across regional communications colleagues, to bring in local knowledge/nuances and ensure communication programs are executed flawlessly at scale
- Roll out core set of frameworks and processes that are best in class and shares leading practices, enabling colleagues' ability to take and deploy
- Dive deep into employee listening - utilize metrics and feedback to spot trends, identify changes in behaviors and peaks and valleys in engagement, and take appropriate actions
- Collaborate with Ratings Communication colleagues to identify/align with market trends that may impact or influence communication programs
- Strong connectivity and collaboration as appropriate with cross functional communications team
- Bachelor's degree with emphasis in Communications, Journalism, English, Business, Finance, or related fields; Master's degree preferred
- 11+ years of experience in internal, corporate, or strategic communications, or a related field within the financial industry, preferably within a regulated business
- Strategic thinker who can translate complex concepts to actionable, understandable plans, programs, and materials
- Strategic and creative problem solver with the ability to think big picture and dive into the details, and deliver on communication programs
- Ability to build strong relationships and networks and effectively engage and manage stakeholders including the ability to drive, convince and influence others
- Passion for strengthening organizational culture and productivity, and building community within a global, diverse workforce
- Ability to multi-task, working on multiple projects simultaneously with minimal supervision, and under tight deadlines
- Ability to be flex in different ways participating in strategic project work and potentially external communications
- Excellent project management skills
- Advanced writing, editing and presentation skills
- Ability to convey subtle, technical, or complex messages in writing
- Highly collaborative professional that leads through authentic influence and can galvanize teams by bringing forward passion, enthusiasm, and energy
- Strategic thinker, with ability to see own work within overall department/business goals and identify opportunities for evolution
About S&P Global Ratings
- Experience leading organization change and communication projects, preferably in a fast-moving matrixed organization
- Previous experience developing communication plans to help support our people, champion our brand, activate our employee engagement through tools that inform and inspire the organization
- Proven track record of global, cross-functional partnership and relationship management
- Experience program/project managing complex, cross-functional, global communication initiatives
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively in a matrixed organization, has acute awareness of complex problems and can tailor communication strategies to meet the needs of the business
- Experience working on sensitive business issues and crisis communications, preferred
- Experience partnering/providing counsel to senior executives, with courage to champion new ideas and approaches, challenge positions, and influence outcomes
- Demonstrated experience developing executive level communications in a variety of formats (e.g., blogs, email, executive presentations, etc.)
- Proven track record of effectively managing and coaching direct reports
S&P Global Ratings is the world's leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings. Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $100,100 to $228,700 . Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires .
S&P Global has a Securities Disclosure and Trading Policy ("the Policy") that seeks to mitigate conflicts of interest by monitoring and placing restrictions on personal securities holding and trading. The Policy is designed to promote compliance with global regulations. In some Divisions, pursuant to the Policy's requirements, candidates at S&P Global may be asked to disclose securities holdings. Some roles may include a trading prohibition and remediation of positions when there is an effective or potential conflict of interest. Employment at S&P Global is contingent upon compliance with the Policy.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
103 - Middle Management (EEO Job Group) (inactive), 10 - Officials or Managers (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), CMCOAF103.2 - Middle Management Tier II (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
266808 Posted On:
New York, New York, United States