Senior DevOps Engineer - AWS, Linux, Python
Senior DevOps Engineer
Acadian Asset Management LLC is a Boston-headquartered investment management firm with wholly owned affiliates located in Singapore, London, Tokyo and Sydney. As of June 30 , 201 9 , the firm managed approximately US$ 98 billion on behalf of major pension funds, endowments, foundations, governments and other investors based in the U.S. and abroad. Position Overview:
The DevOps Engineer is primarily responsible for technical engineering, implementation and support of a broad base of technologies that run Acadian's quantitative investment process . This includes design, engineering and implementation as well as troubleshooting. The candidate should have experience in automation/configuration management tools, the ability to use a wide variety of DevOps technologies, and a command of Python , Linux and HPC . A successful candidate is a motivated self-starter with an aptitude for learning new skills and environments quickly while multi-tasking on more than one high-priority deliverable. The candidate will play a critical role in migrating Acadian's investment systems to operate at scale on AWS . The role will have in office hours with an on-call rotation and weekend work. Responsibilities:
- Contribute to system design , infrastructure as code and testing and secti on of technologies used .
- Ensure that enterprise computing resources are operating efficiently at all times .
- Perform root cause analysis, resolution, and reporting as well as opportunistic performance analysis .
- Maintain and manage existing server and application environments that are utilized 24x7 .
- Effectively prioritize and manage the balance of project-based and support-related work with pro-active and responsive follow through.
- Develop and manage the CI/CD pipeline using GitLab for multiple products.
- Support the release management process, ensuring that all production changes and releases of in-house and third - party applications are processed according to Change Management policies and procedures.
- On-call rotation and occasional w eekend work.
- Bachelor's degree and minimum of 5 years of working experience with Linux Servers (Ubuntu preferred) .
- W orking experience with AWS Cloud services ( e.g. S3, EC2, ECS ) with Terraform .
- Working experience with configuration and automation management tools ( e.g. Puppet, GitRunner ) .
- Must have strong working experience with using Git and Bash .
- Demonstrated e xperience scripting environments and pipel i n e s with Python or Power S hell .
- Ability to spot problematic areas, analyze solutions, propose resolutions, and direct their implementation.
- Working experience with metric monitoring and log aggregation tooling ( e.g , NewRelic , Datadog, Splunk, ELK)
- Working experience with job scheduling services .
- Familiarity with data platforms such as Spark, MongoDB , PostgreSQL, DynamoDB or Redis .
- Experience working with Docker, Kubernetes, VMware Virtual machines, Server hardware .
- Proven Linux abilities to provide strong baseline of expertise. (Apache, Bind, ipfwadm /iptables, chroot, packages/dependencies/compiling, user management, clustering/HA, Storage systems).
- Working experience with NFS and CIFS/Samba.
- Working experience with Storage Arrays ( Netapp is a plus)
- Experience working in a Windows and Linux integrated environment (Kerberos, Centrify, and Active Directory).
To apply for this position or view Acadian's open roles, please visit the Careers section of our website at
http://www.acadian-asset.com/careers/job-opportunities. We will contact only selected candidates.
It is the policy of Acadian Asset Management LLC to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status, citizenship status, disability, or sexual orientation.