Senior Data Analyst
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours. POSITION
Tracing our roots to 1928, Wellington Management Company, LLP is one of the world's largest independent investment management firms. With over US$1 trillion in assets under management as of 30 June 2021, we serve as a trusted adviser to institutional clients and mutual fund sponsors in 65 countries. Our innovative investment solutions are built on the strength of proprietary, independent research and span nearly all segments of the global capital markets, including equity, fixed income, multi-asset, and alternative strategies. As a private partnership whose sole business is investment management, our long-term views and interests are aligned with those of our clients. We are committed to attracting a talented and diverse workforce, and to fostering an open, collaborative culture of inclusivity because we believe multiple perspectives lead to more informed investment and business decisions.
At Wellington Management our appetite for technology is insatiable. We recognize that the world is full of fascinating questions that will impact the future of companies, economies, financial markets, and entire industries. We want you to help us find answers to these questions by building and evolving our innovative, industry leading, technology platform.
We are seeking qualified candidates to join our evolving and expanding technology team. Together, you will not only dream up solutions to today's investment challenges, but you will build them in order to see real-life results.
At Wellington Management you will continually learn, develop, and expand your skills. As part of an inclusive culture, you will meet smart, progressive individuals who will challenge you to solve problems, anticipate our clients' needs, and enhance our proprietary systems and platforms.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced systems or business analyst to join a strong, collaborative team in a role focusing on delivering solutions to our business partners. This position requires strong analytical skills, with a high attention to detail, and a desire to analyze and solve complex problems. This individual must be a self-starter with the ability to multi-task and work on a variety of assignments with people across the organization. Excellent organization, communication, and delivery skills are required. This individual must be a team player with a desire and willingness to learn.
As a senior member of the team, this individual will have the following responsibilities:
- Engage with business partners at different levels of the organization to gather and document requirements
- Champion the needs of the business partners; act as their fiduciary
- Conduct a thorough systems analysis for business requirements and provide functional specifications with detailed use cases to the delivery team
- Work actively with the delivery team to ensure on time, scalable and high-quality business solutions
- Create prototypes; assist with systems and UX/UI design
- Develop a deep understanding of internal systems and related datasets to help with solution design as well as handling support issues
- Help refine architecture and build out supporting infrastructure for rollout of new capabilities
- Ensure quality of product by enforcing high standards in testing and building audit/validation controls
- Manage product releases and assist with post-release testing
- Assist with project management activities
- Provide hands-on analysis for support issues and assist with user training
- Provide regular status reporting and issue tracking
- Provide guidance and supervision of junior members of the team as well as onshore and offshore consultants.
- 4+ years of experience in financial industry with strong understanding of Fixed Income, Equity, FX and Derivative instruments.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field preferred
- Experience with gathering functional requirements, developing specifications, test plans and test executions.
- Experience with design and development
- Hands-on experience in SQL or other relational database technologies is desirable
- Experience working in an Agile/SCRUM development process
- Experience with business process visualization tools
- Hands-on experience with Python (or another programming language) is highly desirable
- Experience with the Calypso Financial Software system preferred
- Having a CFA charter or progress towards a CFA charter is a plus
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem skills.
- Demonstrate strong client focus and relationship management skills.
- Willingness to work independently in an energetic, fast-paced, business-critical and team oriented-environment. Committed to deliver project on time and overcome obstacles.
- A strong team player, with ability to work in collaboration across teams.
- Strategic mindset; strong work ethic
- Intellectual curiosity and interest to learn independently and from peers
Senior Data Analyst LOCATION
100 Federal Street
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .