Senior Corporate Tax Associate
- Not Specified
- Boston, MA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Eaton Vance Investment Managers
- 14 Feb 18 2018-02-14
By joining Eaton Vance, you’ll become part of a company that has one of the best employee retention rates in the financial services industry. We offer competitive salaries, generous benefits, and tremendous opportunities for growth and development. If you do not see a position that
By joining Eaton Vance, you’ll become part of a company that has one of the best employee retention rates in the financial services industry. We offer competitive salaries, generous benefits, and tremendous opportunities for growth and development. If you do not see a position that fits your career objectives, please return to this site in the future as our hiring needs will change. We look forward to your becoming a part of our continued success!
The Senior Tax Accountant primarily reports to one of the Tax Supervisors, but will interact on a daily basis with all team members, including the Global Tax Director. In this broad tax role you will be responsible for a variety of tax related functions including, but not limited to: federal, state, and international compliance, financial reporting, tax research, audit support, and documentation. This role will also be assigned special projects and other tasks as needed.
- Prepare federal (corporate and partnership), state, and international tax compliance
- Research and track pass-through multi-state withholding, exemption, and composite elections as they relate to specific legal entities and individual members
- Perform research and calculations in support of state apportionment
- Prepare a variety of indirect tax returns: excise, personal property, sales & use, and VAT/GST tax returns
- Prepare benefit plan returns and census reports on annual basis
- Assist in preparation of monthly and quarterly domestic and foreign tax provisions
- Review tax depreciation schedules prepared in Finance for all relevant entities
- Maintain compliance calendar and work with team members to ensure all internal and external deadlines are met
- Monitor and identify state legislative developments that may impact Eaton Vance
- Work on special projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or related
- 3-5 years of diverse tax experience
- CPA and/or Master’s degree in tax, or candidate desired
- Strong MS Office skills, with emphasis on Excel and Word
- CorpTax experience is strongly preferred
This policy applies to Eaton Vance Corp. and all subsidiary companies (the “Company”).
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a work environment that is free of discrimination and harassment. It does not discriminate against applicants or employees with respect to any terms or conditions of employment on account of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, age, pregnancy, parenthood, physical or mental disability (actual or perceived), medical condition including genetic characteristics, marital status, citizenship status, military service, gender, gender identity, registered domestic partner status, domestic violence victim status, status with regard to public assistance, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Eaton Vance also prohibits discrimination based on the perception that a person has any of those characteristics or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company, and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company, including supervisors and co-workers. All employment decisions shall be consistent with the principles of equal employment opportunity.
The information on this Web site is for U.S. residents only. The information on this Web site does not constitute an offer to sell, or a solicitation of an offer to purchase, securities in any jurisdiction to any person to whom it is not lawful to make such an offer. Eaton Vance does not provide tax or legal advice. Prospective investors should consult with a tax or legal advisor before making any investment decision. © Eaton Vance Management. All rights reserved. Two International Place, Boston, MA 02110