Senior Compliance Data Analyst
- Boston, MA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Fidelity Investments
- 19 Feb 18 2018-02-19
Senior Compliance Data Analyst
SENIOR DATA ANALYST - COMPLIANCE
Fidelity Institutional oversees and delivers a diverse set of complex products and services to a broad array of customers and in so doing is subject to a plethora of regulation. The senior data analyst will be part of a team tapping into terabytes of data underlying our platforms to identify and mitigate specific sources of compliance risk and protect the firm's longstanding, well-earned reputation for putting customers first.
The Expertise We're Looking For
- 5 years' experience and knowledge of data analysis technologies and approaches especially as applied to very large data sets. Experience with SQL and visualization tools (e.g. Tableau) required. R, SAS, Python, Java, and UNIX scripting tools are strong plusses. Familiarity with mainframes and COBOL would also be a plus (but not required).
- Strong analytical skills, especially the ability to decompose complex interrelated platforms athe ability to independently research and analyze pertinent client, market, industry and technical matters. Experience with financial services (especially brokerage) is a strong plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Statistics, Mathematics, or related technical domain.
The Purpose of Your Role
Part of small data team, the analyst will help us attack a variety of projects aimed at uncovering and squeezing out compliance risks wherever they may lurk in our trading, clearing, and custody businesses. We enable a department of analysts and advisors who are expert in the businesses to understand the vast flows of information underneath the businesses and get into that information to identify how and where we are exposed or weak. In addition, the analyst may support reporting and visualizations for our burgeoning workflow and department knowledge management initiative.
The Skills You Bring
- Proven strong teamwork, creative thinking, individual initiative, and flexibility managing the demands of competing tasks and providing timely feedback to team leadership
- Experience with the project management process and the demands of time-bound projects
- Ability to work seamlessly and successfully in a virtual environment to complete projects with geographically dispersed team members
- Strong interpersonal skills; including influencing, partnering and networking
- Self-motivated; ability to take initiative to deliver thoughtful results in a timely fashion. Thorough in conducting research and studying regulation, steadfast in managing priorities, pursuing answers, and executing deliverables.
- Ability to effectively articulate processes, flows, technologies, and controls using compelling and clear visuals, prose, and verbal presentation.
The Value You Deliver
You'll be a critical part of helping us maintain our "customer-first" reputation, by
- Being curious about the business and technology. Having (or developing) an affinity for the fascinating collection of complexity which the brokerage and all of its plumbing represent and the tools at our disposal to analyze it
- Being analytical and loving puzzles. This will help us understand the ins and outs of our wide variety of products and services, the key drivers and relationships, and find outliers and anomalies via whatever software or math or other tricks might do the job
- Communicating clearly and prolifically throughout the project lifecycle - when asking questions, documenting your approach and analytical assumptions, and generating compelling info in useful context
- Being respectful, professional and clever with stakeholders to build good relationships and important knowledge to be increasingly productive and effective at your job and indispensable to our department
- Ultimately, employing all of the above to help us root out problems and extend our strong record of compliance.
How Your Work Impacts the Organization
Ours is a department of guardians of the firm's brand as the premier trusted provider of lifetime financial solutions for customers. Trust is built slowly but can be lost quickly, requiring us to actively seek out risks. In the 21 st century, proactivity means employing data analytics, and that's our mission.Company Overview
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.