Senior Business Risk Manager, Global Link, Global Markets, Managing Director
State Street's Global Markets delivers innovative, value-adding trading, execution, and financing services to clients across a spectrum of businesses. GlobalLink, a business unit within State Street's Global Markets division, deploys market leading electronic trading platforms as well as analytics, settlement, and infrastructure products. the role
Global Markets has established a Business Risk Management function that is focused on risk management in the first line of defense through the implementation of controls, execution of monitoring and testing, and ongoing oversight. The GlobalLink Sr. Business Risk Manager (BRM) leads the first line of defense risk management program. This role acts as a valued partner to the GlobalLink business in the identification, assessment, and mitigation of risk as well as the cultivation of a framework of practices that enables a balance of commercial considerations with the risk excellence objectives established by business leadership.
Candidates will be experienced in sound risk management and governance practices within the financial services industry. Further, potential Sr. BRMs must have experience with technology risks and controls associated with information security, IT infrastructure, and access management. He/she will partner across stakeholder groups to enhance risk, control and operational management capabilities, improve the efficacy of the control environment, and better respond to regulatory guidance/mandates through the implementation of compliant solutions. the responsibilities
Preferred SKILLS and Experience
- Lead the GlobalLink Risk Management team globally
- Manage, coordinate, and oversee the execution of GlobalLink risk management programs including product risk assessments (INFRAs), issue and incident management, key risk indicators and control monitoring, risk acceptance, and Archer reporting
- Advise and support business change initiatives, remediation of control gaps and deficiencies, and access management controls
- Work with the GlobalLink business teams as well as second and third lines to establish and maintain a complete control inventory, assess control effectiveness, document self-identified issues, remediate operational incidents, and ensure compliance with regulations and corporate policies and standards
- Manage the assessment, implementation, and adherence to policies, procedures and guidelines prescribed by corporate functions and business partners such as Compliance, Enterprise Risk Management, Corporate Information Security, etc.
- Facilitate the regulatory change management process including completion of business impact assessments and required process and control design changes
- Establish and monitor Key Risk Indicators, drive reporting to governance committees, and escalate risks as appropriate
- Manage execution of corporate risk programs including access management, resiliency and business continuity, complaints, conflicts of interest, contract compliance, etc.
- Coordinate regulatory and audit exams, SOC assessments, and assurance reviews
- Manage business line procedural inventories and complete periodic reviews and updates
- Develop and conduct business line training
- Manage staff for execution, career development, delegation and effective monitoring of activities assigned
- 15-20 years of experience in risk, compliance, and/or audit functions within the financial services industry
- Independent strategic thinker with an understanding of technology, regulatory, and operational in financial services
- Knowledge and experience with electronic trading platforms, trading, and Global Markets businesses
- Stron g management and leadership skills and experience in a global organization preferred
- Strong organizational awareness with ability to facilitate and resolve conflicts; ability to make informed, risk optimized decisions under time pressure.
- Demonstrated success as a change agent that possesses both superior relationship management and communications/influencing skills across all levels of a global and complex organization; ability to execute on goals and objectives under challenging circumstances.
- Attention to detail and a propensity to drive issues toward resolution.
- Keen awareness and appreciation for teamwork and collaboration
- Superior verbal and written communication skills; it is vital that the candidate possess the ability to articulate complex thoughts in a cogent, linear and method-driven manner and to assimilate information for senior executives concisely and appropriately for the situation at hand.