Senior Business Analyst - Instrument Engineering, Vice President
As a Derivatives BA you will contribute to the project success by providing high quality analysis, documenting business requirements, developing system requirements and/or process solutions to address business, technology and customer needs. Qualifications:
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree (BA/MBA preferred)
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in an agile environment on business analysis, creating requirements documents, building relationships with partners and vendors, and working with engineers to review test plans and test cases
- Ability to produce clear and concise business requirements, business process documents and support documentation using a flexible and adaptable approach, emphasizing creative/ innovative strategies
- Experience working on projects requiring statistical analysis, explanatory and predictive modeling and data mining.
- Strong Derivatives knowledge
- Collaborate with stakeholders and technical resources to create user stories and translate those stories into features that can be built by the development team
- Strong analytical and research skills. Skilled at translating business requirements to technical specifications to derive insights and solutions
- Create workflow diagrams to visually represent business processes
- Identify problems in terms of business requirements and recommend modifications to the functional solution which could impact the system design
- Participate in design sessions to translate customer needs into business requirements and anticipate use cases and user stories
- Support the testing process in order to ensure business needs are met
- Leverage state of the art analytical tools and technology to proactively analyze data sets to support business decisions and optimize the operating environment.
- Provide insights to better understand trends in customer behavior and to provide recommendations to improve operational efficiencies.
- You have strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to influence and motivate others
- Critical thinking with excellent judgment and initiative
- Diversity of functional business experiences (e.g. client, operational, systems, marketing, investments, customer service) ideally in a start-up, early stage venture, or consulting environment
- Financial Services experience or experience in an industry that is complex, multi-channel and/or regulated; regardless of background, a passion for finance and investing a must
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.