Senior Auditor - Data Analytics
Apply data analytics and business intelligence solutions to meet the objectives of Internal Audit. Execute repeatable data analytics processes to provide audit assurance and improve audit efficiency and effectiveness. Help evolve the analytics and technology strategy for Internal Audit and collaborate with the Internal Audit leadership team, other functions within the organization, and audit staff throughout the implementation and execution process. Responsibilities
- Execute and help evolve the Internal Audit data analytics strategy for all phases of the audit process including the risk assessment process, planning & scoping, fieldwork and reporting. Develop data extract, transform, load and analysis capabilities and train Internal Audit team members.
- Identify and deploy solutions for improvement opportunities focused on: migrating Computer Assisted Audit Techniques (CAATs) to management monitoring controls, replacing manual controls with system controls, automating internal and external processes with robotic process automation (RPA), process mining, and/or machine learning solutions.
- Identify and develop innovative and re-usable analytics solutions to drive auditor self-service.
- Execute continuous audit engagements and continuous risk assessments.
- Keep abreast of new industry tools and emerging technologies which may offer improved functionality or a more efficient and effective ability to deliver audit analytics solutions. Develop proof of concept.
- Upskill as needed to implement advanced audit analysis, processes, or software solutions.
- 1-3 years of experience
- 2 years of experience or equivalent applying data analysis tools and techniques.
- Analytical skills: reviews data, develops themes and determines what is important.
- Experience with statistical, data extraction & modeling BI tools (SQL, Python, R).
- Ability to develop visual dashboards to communicate project results using Power BI (preferred), Tableau or Spotfire.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a team environment or work independently.
- Collaborates with team through open communication and sharing of ideas in a clear concise manner.
- Ability to identify and assess business processes, risks, and controls to provide fact-based criteria to support conclusions.
- Adaptability to work and communicate with various business units.
- Audit experience
- General programming experience (e.g. PowerShell; C or Java)
- CIDA, ACDA, MCSA, Cert Internal Auditor (CIA), Cert Bank Auditor, Cert Public Accountant (CPA), Cert Internal Systems Auditor (CISA) or equivalent
- Graduate Degree (Data Science, Statistics, MBA)
- 2 years experience in financial services