Senior Associate, Financial Modeling
Valuation Senior Associate, Financial Modeling
Requisition #: 43327
Practice Area: Tax
Location: Boston, MA
At KPMG, we are reimagining tax with you in mind. Become an integral part of a dynamic team within a collaborative, future forward environment at one of the world's top tax firms. Be surrounded by deep tax knowledge and equipped with the latest in cutting-edge tax technologies. And join an extensive network of functional, industry, legislative and technical specialists with access to our Ignition Centers, where technology innovation accelerates. We welcome people with a passion for tax, a spirit for new thinking, and a commitment to providing outstanding client service today, and tomorrow.
KPMG is currently seeking a Senior Associate to join our practice.
- Analyze financial information to forecast business conditions and develop financial analytics solutions for tax planning; financial accounting; investment appraisal; and mergers and acquisitions including integrations and divestitures
- Interpret data on future risk trends, economic influences, and other factors to identify issues and propose strategies related to the procedures executed
- Evaluate current and historical financial data
- Study economic and business trends
- Stay abreast of current business and economic developments relevant to the client's business, and use technology and tools to innovate and enhance the effectiveness of services provided
- Consistently deliver quality client services by monitoring progress and demonstrate in-depth technical capabilities and professional knowledge
- A minimum of three years of experience utilizing quantitative and qualitative best practices in the development and review of financial analytics models and tools
- A minimum of three years of experience utilizing financial modeling and development and creating robust and flexible financial models that quantify the impact of strategic, financial or operational decisions on financial statements and associated metrics
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Engineering or a related field, plus three years of post-bachelor's, progressive related work experience involving financial analysis; OR a Master's degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Engineering or a related field, plus three years of related work experience involving financial analysis
- Prior knowledge working with a formal business modeling and analytics practice within an investment banking, commercial banking, financial planning and analysis, accounting, or consulting firm
- Experience building financial analytics models and tools from scratch in at least one of the following MS Excel, MS Access, SQL Server, Data Visualization applications (such as Tableau, Power BI, or Spotfire)
- Domestic and regional travel required up to seventy five percent to meet client needs
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.