Senior Software Architect- Salesforce
The Federal Reserve is developing a new interbank 24x7x365 real-time gross settlement (RTGS) service with integrated clearing functionality, called the FedNowSM service. This service will help enable financial institutions provide their customers with the ability to send and receive payments any time, any day, and have full access to those funds within seconds. This position is a unique opportunity to be part of a new mission-critical Federal Reserve initiative that will be transformative to the payments landscape in the United States.
The Senior Salesforce Architect will be part of the FedNow architecture team that is responsible for designing and facilitating the build of services that will make up a cloud-native, secure, resilient, and highly scalable Real-time Gross Settlement (RTGS) system. The Senior Software Architect will initially focus on architecting a Salesforce based solution designed to provide a FedNow specific onboarding experience for Financial Institutions. The Senior Software Architect will also contribute to delivering highly visible, cloud-based applications/services and provide technical guidance while collaborating with engineering, security, DevOps and test automation teams on best practices.
What will be expected of you-
• Heavily contribute to the architecture vision for the FedNow onboarding solution leveraging the Salesforce platform
• Collaborate with product and engineering teams to design and build services that meet key product requirements
• Produce both high-level and detailed design for platform and product services
• Take ownership of designed software/services components through to delivery
• Cleary communicate architecture decisions, roadblocks, and timelines to stakeholders
• Ability to author clean, scalable, modular, secure, well-structured and testable code as needed
• Provide mentoring and skill development to engineering teams
• As a key SME in the technical architecture team, will contribute broadly to the FedNow platform architecture, designs, and standards.
Expertise you will bring-
• Knowledge and experience normally acquired through, or equivalent to, the completion of a bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering or similar field. Master’s degree is related field a plus
• Experience architecting and developing large-scale platforms. High volume real-time transaction throughput platform experience
• 3+ years of experience architecting and building solutions on the Salesforce platform
• 3+ years of experience delivering high quality code into production
• 2+ years of operating at an architect level providing technical guidance and leadership
• 2+ years of experience architecting and delivering solutions utilizing public cloud providers. Experience with AWS a plus.
• 2+ years leveraging Agile methodologies to delivery software
• Experience working within an organization that prioritizes DevOps principals
• Extensive knowledge of modern architectural styles, design patterns and best practices.
• Experience building application leveraging the Spring framework
• Experience visualizing software architecture using the C4 model a plus
• Salesforce Application Architect certification a plus
• Position requires demonstrated understanding of application and data principles and methods, significant architecture experience with mission-critical systems, and success with planning, designing, developing, and operating large-scale technology solutions.
• Federal Reserve business knowledge, preferably with Accounting, Credit Risk Management, Reserves, and/or Payments
• You’ll be a strong collaborator, able to engage effectively with other teams, business and technical experts.
• Excellent communication skills with ability to express ideas in a clear, concise, and compelling manner; as well as ability to tailor communications for different audiences
• Detailed-oriented and capable self-starter with the ability to explore innovative ways to perform tasks in an efficient and timely manner as an individual and in a team environment
Logistics & Requirements-
• Travel within U.S. required – 5-10% of time
The Federal Reserve System is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and to provide equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service.
All employees assigned to this position will be subject to FBI fingerprint/ criminal background and Patriot Act/ Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) watch list checks at least once every five years.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work required of this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or skills associated with this position or the personnel so classified. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of this position, management reserves the right to revise this or any job description at its discretion at any time.
For this job, any offer of employment is contingent upon successfully passing a two-phase security screening. The first phase consists of the satisfactory completion of a physical examination (including a drug screening), reference checks, and a security investigation consisting of credit and criminal history checks.
The second phase, which might not be complete until after you begin working at the Reserve Bank, is an additional risk-based security screening determined by the risk rating of the position. Depending upon the sensitivity of the position, this phase may include, and is not limited to, work and residency eligibility verification, and personal interviews with the candidate, references, and prior employers.
All applicants must have resided in the United States for at least three (3) years