Chestnut Partners, Inc. is a private, 8-person investment bank formed in 1995 that focuses primarily on the biotechnology and life sciences industries. The firm provides private and public clients with financial advisory services including valuation, financial planning & analysis, merger & acquisition advisory, debt & equity capital formation, and tender defense advisory. Chestnut Partners’ deep client relationships typically result in advisory assignments that are a mix between traditional banking and consulting activities and expose Sr. Analysts / Associates to all aspects of client business models and strategies.
This role offers an exceptional opportunity to participate in a nimble entrepreneurial environment in downtown Boston.
Sr. Analysts / Associates will have the opportunity to:
- Add value to client businesses through direct interaction with senior client executives (e.g. CEO, CFO, Board of Directors)
- Leverage a team of Analysts and Interns to execute high-impact client assignments
- Focus on live client assignments – Chestnut does not use pitchbooks as part of its sales strategy
- Gain significant exposure to the Boston/Cambridge biotechnology cluster, which is the most active in the nation
- Be mentored by Partners of the firm who have 39- and 10-years of experience, respectively, in their field
- Earn a competitive compensation and benefits package
- Have exceptional career opportunities upon exiting the firm
Candidates for this position require strong analytical and interpersonal skills with backgrounds reflecting a high level of achievement. Successful Sr. Analysts / Associates:
- Are goal-oriented and approach projects with an ownership mentality
- Possess work habits stressing initiative, self-reliance, organization, thoroughness, attention to detail, and perseverance
- Exhibit maturity, self-confidence, strong communication skills, and an ability to work both independently and in a team
Candidates should have:
- 1-2 years of prior investment banking, accounting, or life sciences consulting experience
- Deep financial modeling and valuation expertise
- Experience with transaction structuring, due diligence, and execution
- Strong presentation skills
- Existing or ability to complete FINRA Series 79, 7, and 63 registrations
- A bachelor’s degree demonstrating high academic achievement
Chestnut Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and unofficial transcript. The position start date is flexible to accommodate analyst program schedules, if needed.
For more information, please visit www.chestnutp.com
Contact: Sheryl Thiboutot
Chestnut Partners, Inc.
One Financial Center - 24th Floor
Boston, MA 02111-2621
As of November 2019