Senior Actuarial Assistant
- Boston, MA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Fidelity Investments
- 21 Feb 18 2018-02-21
Senior Actuarial Assistant
You want to apply your strong mathematical and problem solving skills at an industry leading financial services firm on cutting edge annuity and life insurance products. You will have the opportunity to deepen Fidelity's financial planning offering and gain valuable work experience, while being part of an actuarial program to support your efforts in becoming a Fellow in the Society of Actuaries.
The Expertise We're Looking For
- BS in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Finance or Physics
- 2-6 years of actuarial experience
- Experience with individual annuity and/or life insurance products
- 3-7 actuarial exams successfully passed
The Purpose of Your Role
As a Senior Actuarial Assistant, you assist in the design and pricing of life insurance and annuity products. You work with all organizational functions and participate in the complete product lifecycle, from beginning to end. You also support existing products, marketing, sales and client inquiries.
The Skills You Bring
- You have strong technical skills. You are creative, organized and flexible. You thrive in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to explain complex phenomenon to non-technical people at all levels of an organization
- Broad based insurance background including exposure to sales, marketing, systems, client services, and finance with a clear understanding of the interactions between these areas.
The Value You Deliver
- Assisting in the design and pricing of annuity and life insurance products. Conducting cost/benefit analysis, sensitivity analysis and competitive comparisons. Playing a key role in designing system specifications, implementing new products and systems testing.
- Supporting marketing, sales, systems, training, finance and client services with product expertise, illustrations, collateral review and implementation assistance.
- Developing complex tools for product analysis and evaluation for use by our sales people and clients.
- Consulting in the filing of all new products or enhancements with the states for review and approval. Preparing actuarial memorandums, demonstrations and responses to state requests.
- Monitoring product experience and policyholder behavior to identify trends and benchmark against pricing assumptions.
- Providing information pertaining to recent initiatives and current products to senior management on a periodic basis.
How Your Work Impacts the Organization
Reporting to the Vice President and Actuary, this position sits within Fidelity Investments Life Insurance Company. The life insurance company is part of the Personal Investing business, which works with Fidelity's retail investors, inspiring better futures for our clients.Company Overview
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.