Senior Accountant, Tax Reporting - Remote
Provide ongoing mutual fund tax compliance, review and file federal and state tax returns for complex funds; develop and monitor fund tax policies; determine and monitor dividend and capital gains tax distribution requirements for complex funds and products. Provide ongoing training and development of tax accountants.
We appreciate that work-life balance is an important factor when considering your next career. If you are not located close to a physical office, remote work is considered for qualified candidates. Responsibilities
• Provide ongoing mutual fund tax compliance, review and file federal and state tax returns for complex funds; develop and monitor fund tax policies; and determine and monitor dividend and capital gains tax distribution requirements for complex funds and products.
• Calculate tax adjustments and determine fiscal distributions to shareholders. Prepare and files all required tax returns and related schedules with the IRS.
• Provide project leadership with ad hoc requests and or projects from within team, other departments, portfolio managers and external auditors. Potential merger analysis, fund liquidations, launching of new products, etc.
• Provide ongoing oversight on complex mutual funds for tax compliance through establishing and managing relationships with internal and external business partners.
• Provide information to portfolio managers for capital gain tax management.
• Develop and monitor fund tax policies and make changes to process and policies.
• Provide leadership, coaching and training for tax accountants. Required Qualifications
• Bachelors degree or equivalent.
• 3-5 years of experience with a minimum of 3 years of mutual fund reporting, tax, or related experience.
• Strong financial, accounting and tax knowledge and skills.