Scrum Master/Project Manager
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
The Scrum Master / Project Manager is an integral part of our Program Management Office within the Mosaic Technology Group at Wellington.
The Mosaic Technology Group is responsible for innovating and building technical solutions to meet the unique needs of our clients.
In the past few years, Wellington has migrated from a waterfall project methodology to an iterative, agile delivery model that allows the technology team to deliver value to our investors on a regular basis, improving their overall technology experience.
The Scrum Master is responsible for monitoring the scrum processes and scrum meetings for our Mosaic Technology team(s).
The Scrum Master will motivate the team, argue for changes and that will ensure both quality and timeliness of deliverables, and remove impediments on a regular basis.
Specific daily responsibilities are as follows:
- Provide on-going coaching to the teams on how to use and apply Agile/Scrum practices
- Facilitate all agile ceremonies - Daily scrums, Sprint Planning, Sprint Review, Sprint Retrospective - and also facilitate backlog refinement sessions
- Work closely with the Product Owner, Program Owners, and Technical Architecture Leads to ensure that the project vision is understood. Support and advise the Product Owner on maintenance of the product backlog
- Provide Sprint Results to Program Owners (sprint planning as well as sprint completion) thereby improving transparency for all stakeholders
- Support assigned scrum team(s), facilitate team productivity as opposed to dictating or assigning work
In addition to the Scrum Master responsibilities above, the Scrum Master/Project Manager will also be responsible for:
- JIRA and Confluence maintenance
- Project and Program status reporting
- Monitoring of time tracking and budget impacts
Keys to the Position:
- Must have a minimum of 5+ years of Project Management experience
- Must have at least 2 years in Agile Development, ideally as a Scrum Master with interest in Project Management
- Jira is what we are using so this experience is a strong plus
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Awareness and experience with Agile techniques/concepts (XP, Scrum, Kanban, user stories, estimation, Continuous testing, automated testing, release planning, measuring velocity, creating burn down charts/reports, retrospective formats, defect handling)
Scrum Master/Project Manager JOB FAMILY
Systems Analysis LOCATION
100 Federal Street
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .