We are seeking a Senior Portfolio Manager to join our Core equity portfolio management team in Boston. Our Core team oversees our benchmark-relative active quantitative equity strategies from Boston, London, and Singapore. This person will be expected to demonstrate senior presence both internally, via portfolio oversight and research, and externally, via face-to-face meetings and presentations. This role will report to the Lead Core Portfolio Manager in Boston.
What You’ll Do:
- Work closely with other portfolio managers to oversee and manage our client portfolios, including monitoring portfolios and approving trades.
- Work with research analysts to identify and deploy enhancements to our investment process.
- Lead meetings with clients, consultants, and prospects to communicate and explain portfolio performance, positioning, and Acadian’s systematic investment process.
- Answer ad-hoc inquiries from clients, consultants, and prospects.
- Participate in internal investment policy discussions and decisions.
We’re Looking for Teammates With:
- An advanced degree, Ph.D. preferred, with distinguished academic record in economics, finance, mathematics, computer science, engineering, physics, or similar discipline
- Minimum of 15 years’ professional experience in finance, preferably in asset management, investment consulting, or academia
- Extensive experience in quantitative investing with deep knowledge of risk management
- Willingness and ability to work in a team-first, collegial, and result-oriented environment
- Strong programming background required, e.g., in Python
- Superior verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to conduct meetings with clients and prospects
- Willingness to travel globally 35 - 50% of the time
Why Work Here:
Acadian is a quantitative investment firm where ideas are empowered by technology. Our team is made up of a diverse mix of professionals who thrive in a culture that fosters ingenuity through collaboration and transparency. We offer a casual office environment, top-notch benefits, and excellent professional and personal development opportunities.
To apply for this position or view Acadian’s open roles, please visit the Careers section of our website at: http://www.acadian-asset.com/careers/Job-opportunities. We will contact only selected candidates. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.