Risk Controls Analyst
Whether you're an investment professional, an expert in sales or a technology specialist, you'll find a culture at MFS that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, always favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and show care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. Job Description
The Intelligent Automation, Process Innovation, Risk Team resides in the Global Technology & Investment Operations (GTIO) department, the primary business areas responsible for the support and processing of investment transactions, middle and back-office operations and development, maintenance, and support of the systems utilized within the investment management process. The team also leads the enterprise wide Intelligent Automation Center of Excellence (CoE) which identifies, develops, and implements automation solutions for business stakeholders.
The Risk Controls Analyst is primarily responsible for identifying potential operations and technology related risks by reviewing business processes against MFS policies and procedures, assisting with all aspects of internal and external audits, reviewing and gathering relevant data and documentation and providing information and support to senior department leadership, internal committees and Boards. PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with various levels of staff and management, review procedures related to a business process to identify any potential internal control weaknesses or opportunities for automation. Assist with completion of business process workflow diagrams to aid in process design and implementation.
- Provide support to internal business units and internal/ external auditors conducting audits, including assistance with agile planning, execution, and reporting phases. Assist business units with remediation of observations/recommendations that are issued as part of an internal/ external audit.
- Assist with completion/ facilitation of Enterprise Risk Management related initiatives including risk assessments (RCSA), vendor management program, and participation in periodic Enterprise Risk Management Working Group meetings.
- Performs recurring internal control responsibilities including independent monitoring of the effectiveness of internal controls, KPI and KRIS.
- Aid in the gathering and preparation of risk based reporting and statistics on trade and/or operational errors for senior management, including MFS boards and committees.
- Coordinate the gathering, completion, and/or submission of required documentation for several internal committees, including the Investment Management Committee, Technology, Risk, & Strategy Committee, and the Enterprise Architecture Review Board.
- Respond practically to gaps within internal business units to improve the quality and effectiveness of the control environment. Identify automation opportunities, reengineer process to improve automation potential, and recommend emerging technology solutions such as machine learning, robotic process automation and business intelligence solutions.
- Collaborate with business leaders in driving the overall GTIO strategy and robotics & innovation agenda across the entire enterprise. Assist with the intelligent automation development process, including constructing and maintaining efficient, reusable and reliable code with robotic process automation software and tools.
- Bachelor's degree in business or technology preferred.
- Minimum of three to five years of experience in public accounting, internal audit, consulting or related experience in Financial Services. Big 4 experience is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and management skills.
- Proven project management and analytical skills, with a demonstrated ability to make independent decisions.
- Solid technical, analytical, and business knowledge. Understanding of underlying relevant technical architecture and business processes.
- Experience with third party internal control attestations (e.g. SOC1, SOC2), and strong understanding of operational and IT risk management and related concepts, methodologies, and techniques.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email email@example.com for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. " Click here to view the 'EEO is the Law' poster and supplement ."