Risk Assurance - Director - Insurance Services | Boston Locationselect Job Categoryselect
A career in our Risk Management and Compliance Solutions practice, within Internal Audit services, will provide you with an opportunity to gain an understanding of an organisation’s objectives, regulatory and risk management environment, and the diverse needs of their critical stakeholders. We focus on helping organisations look deeper and see further considering areas like culture and behaviours to help improve and embed controls. In short, we seek to address the right risks and ultimately add value to their organisation. Our team helps organisations anticipate risks that can threaten their strategic growth. You’ll help organisations with improving the quality of their internal controls, enhancing reliability of information through objective testing, and increasing business alignment and cost reductions through risk and compliance efforts.
As a Director, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Proactively lead the practise by setting strategy, drive the development of new business in the market, and provide technical advice across disciplines
- Building strong networks within the firm to spot and capitalise on opportunities to get involved in projects that others are leading across a number of different business units and sectors
- Identifying and discussing key issues with our clients to identify potential opportunities
- Responsibility for a majority of day to day client communications
- Responsibility to shape and deliver various projects that exceed the expectations of our clients and our own assignment quality criteria
- Manage and deliver large projects by developing the project team, assessing engagement risks throughout, driving conclusions, and reviewing / challenging the output produced by the team
- Responsibility for management of engagement financials
- Helping to grow and develop our team through hands on training and coaching
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Required Fields of Study:
Accounting, Finance, Management Information Systems, Management Information Systems & Accounting, Computer and Information Science, Computer and Information Science & Accounting, Economics, Economics and Finance, Economics and Finance & Technology, Business Administration/Management, Engineering, Accounting & Technology, Mathematics
Minimum Years of Experience:
8 year(s) of experience with at least 3 years in management within a professional services firm or large enterprise as a consultant, auditor, business process or internal controls specialist.
CIA, CPA or CISA.
Credential must be obtained prior to being promoted to Director.
Demonstrates thought leader-level knowledge with, and/or a proven record of success directing efforts in the following areas:
- Guiding efforts related to current hot topics for CAEs, IA directors, CCOs, Audit Committees and Risk Management personnel;
- Leading risk management, public accounting practices and procedures, and IA technology tools for planning, design, performance tests, and reporting;
- Leading IA processes, control evaluations, testing methodologies, other Financial and Operational Internal Control methodologies, and terminology (e.g. COSO);
- Directing, as an industry thought leader, company or firm-wide functions in areas related to overseeing financial, operational and compliance-related engagements such as Corporate Governance, Sarbanes Oxley regulations/requirements, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, financial and operational fraud risk management, Antifraud internal controls, IT general and process controls, including Data Privacy and IT security; anti-corruption and anti-bribery, and auditor Independence; and,
- Demonstrating recognition as an industry subject matter specialist on internal controls, current hot topics and risks, and industry practices, including a proven record of developing thought leadership and sharing leading practices on internal controls, IA functions, and Sarbanes-Oxley Act compliance readiness programs.
Demonstrates thought leader-level abilities with, and/or a proven record of success directing efforts in the following areas:
- Providing oversight and direction during planning sessions with clients at all levels;
- Establishing direction and motivating members, creating an atmosphere of trust;
- Leveraging diverse views, encouraging team dialogue, providing candid, meaningful and timely feedback to encourage improvement;
- Facilitating teams to implement innovation as they design, evaluate, and benchmark;
- Understanding of financial and operational processes and controls, identifying key risks and controls, developing and reviewing audit programs, and performing controls optimization;
- Defining resource requirements and project economics areas;
- Directing the creation of deliverables to communicate to clients on the status of engagements, key issues, and work plans;
- Collaborating directly with clients, building, sustaining and utilizing networks of client and target relationships/community involvement and understanding the client's business;
- Communicating the value propositions of a broad range of Firm services to the client in an organized and knowledgeable manner, preparing and presenting complex written and verbal materials, and being recognized and respected by clients as a knowledgeable valued professional;
- Building, maintaining and employing a network of internal and external relationships while actively identifying and pursuing additional opportunities within and outside of their specific areas of focus; and,
- Understanding the Firm's Internal Audit strategy and how we deliver it to clients.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. Job Category: Internal Audit
Line of Service: Assurance
Job Type: Regular
Time Type: Full time
Government Clearance Required: No
Available for Work Sponsorship: Yes
Travel Requirements: Up to 60%
Job ID: 100673WD