Whether you're an investment professional, an expert in sales or a technology specialist, you'll find a culture at MFS that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, always favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and show care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. Job Description
The purpose of the Independent Risk Analyst is to support the Independent Risk Management Officer with the function of the independent risk management. This work includes monitoring the funds and separate accounts with respect to their defined risk profiles by e.g. monitoring (i) market risk through quantitative constraints using metrics such as value-at-risk and tracking error, (ii) the extent of derivative use and (iii) the overall liquidity of the accounts.
The role will also actively support the analysis and reporting of market and liquidity risks and derivative use to various internal committees and Boards of Directors . The analyst will support the day to day functioning of the Independent Risk Management Department by taking primary responsibility for managing data flows, running and preparing standard regular reports and analysis whether for our ongoing oversight mission or for informing/reporting to Senior Management and Board of Directors. Principal responsibilities
- Prepare daily liquidity reports for all MFS funds using multiple vendor and internal tools. Monitor and escalate as necessary.
- Assist with analysis of market risks in the individual portfolios, prepare explanation of the VaR backtesting results,
stress testing methodologies. Calculate VAR and perform what of analysis etc. on ad hoc basis using statistical programs.
- Support various other internal stakeholders related to Leverage and Liquidity client inquiries.
- Participate in specifications, implementation and tests of systems.
Collaborate with risk teams covering Equities, Fixed Income and Multi-Asset Class products
Provide analysis/risk reporting to support various Committees, Boards, and Senior Management. Analyze and interpret risk factor exposures for underlying funds.
- Lead and collaborate on ad-hoc projects as required.
- Additional responsibilities as needed.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience and 2-3 years of experience in the financial sector; risk management experience preferred.
- Proven analytical skills and ability to work with data
- Strong attention to detail
- Advanced excel skills
- Familiarity and/or knowledge of data tools and/or visualization tools a plus
- Prior experience with TruView, Factset, Bloomberg a plus
- CFA or FRM certifications a plus
MFS currently requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, except employees who are entitled to an exemption from vaccination as an accommodation for medical or religious reasons.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email email@example.com for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. " Click here to view the 'EEO is the Law' poster and supplement ."