Operational Risk Analyst, AVP Boston, Massachusetts/en-US/Global/job/Boston-Massachusetts/Operational-Risk-Analyst--AVP_R-623832/apply
Enterprise Risk Management AVP Operational Risk Analyst
The State Street Global Markets (SSGM) Business Aligned Operational Risk Team is looking for a motivated professional with sound judgment to provide operational risk oversight of selected businesses.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support operational risk management of selected SSGM business units / functional areas
- Promote operational risk awareness across the business and act as an independent, trusted advisor to the business units on risk matters
- Develop and maintain close ties with the business to ensure the effective communication of business developments that potentially impact their operational risk profile
- Monitor the operational risk environment to identify changes that could affect the business unit
- Provide professional review and challenge of the business to help them foster a culture of Risk Excellence
- Collaborate with Business Control Team, Compliance, Legal, Audit and fellow team members to form a holistic view of business risks; share thematic information to improve company-wide operational risk management
- Identify, assess, and monitor operational risks across the end-to-end activities of the in-scope business units
- Communicate trends, insights, emerging risks, key issues and information to local risk committees and across three lines of defense
- Support execution of Operational Risk Programs (e.g. INFRAs, KRIs, Operational Incidents Capture and Management)
- Provide risk reporting to the relevant businesses, Committees and Legal Entity Boards as required
- Bachelors degree
- Minimum of three years of relevant industry experience
- Minimum of one year of risk management or adjacent experience
- Ability to work effectively with business management
- Ability to think conceptually
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and communication skills
- Ability to contribute to large, complex working groups
- Experience working under tight deadlines with multiple deliverables
- Candidate should be self-motivated and flexible
- Good attention to quality and detail
Posted YesterdayFull timeR-623832
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. Its also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. Youll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, we consider applications for all positions without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, citizenship, marital status, domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, military and veteran status, and other characteristics protected by applicable law. For more information, for U.S. jobs only, please read our .