The Research Consultant works directly with the Public Markets investment team to perform manager due diligence by sourcing and evaluating the capabilities of world-class fixed income strategies. They work on services that will improve client performance and revenues. They maintain a coverage universe of fixed income managers and conduct updates with invested and prospective firms. They partner with clients on portfolio construction and manager searches. Meketa is flexible about where the Research Consultant works. The consultant could be located in our Westwood, MA, Portland, OR, Carlsbad, CA or Chicago, IL offices.
- Meet with and evaluate the capabilities of fixed income managers.
- Identify promising new managers in the relevant asset classes.
- Monitor managers in which our clients are invested.
- Draft research work products and communicate the research team’s perspective:
- Produce manager meeting notes and prepare manager analyses.
- Present manager analyses at team meetings and critique the analyses of others.
- Write client memos on managers as required.
- Contribute to the development of research and updates on the relevant asset classes.
- Partner with clients to craft portfolio construction, implement investment policies, and conduct manager searches.
- Lead client meetings, update clients on manager details and deliver asset class education.
- Work closely with the marketing department to lead marketing and business development efforts to prospective clients.
- Promote Meketa’s reputation as a leading research organization and client solutions business.
- Mentor junior members of the Public Markets Team.
- A minimum of seven to ten years of experience conducting research on fixed income investment strategies, investment consulting, and/or asset management.
- Experience leading client meetings and cultivating client relationships.
- Ability to develop and pursue business opportunities.
- Positive relationship, mentoring and leadership skills.
- Strong quantitative skills, including facility with financial and statistical concepts.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Collaborate with research staff to meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to excel in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
- MBA, MSF, CAIA and/or CFA charter holder is preferred.
ABOUT MEKETA INVESTMENT GROUP
Meketa Investment Group is an employee-owned full service investment consulting and advisory firm. We work with some of the nation’s largest and most sophisticated institutional investors including public and private plan sponsors. We have a staff of over 200 employees among our six U.S. office locations and London.
Meketa recognizes that our workforce is a reflection of our company, and we operate in an inclusive environment that accepts and promotes diversity. We believe our employees can best serve our clients in an atmosphere where individuals are treated fairly, where professional growth is developed and encouraged, and where a healthy balance between work and home life is respected and preserved. To support employees, Meketa offers a competitive compensation structure, a wide range of benefits from core insurance benefits to time-based benefits, as well as flexible schedules and support for continuing education.
Meketa is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact us.