Research Associate, Global Industry Research, Healthcare Services
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 55 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
We are seeking to recruit a Research Associate (RA), who will be based in Boston as part of the Global Industry Research Healthcare Team. The healthcare market encompasses over 1,000 companies with a combined equity market capitalization of close to US$5 trillion. The team manages assets in excess of US$60 billion over a variety of long-only, long/short, and private equity client mandates. The focus of this role will be on researching companies within the healthcare services industry, working closely with the senior healthcare services Global Industry Analyst on the team. The ideal candidate will be a self-directed, hard-working team player who is passionate about both healthcare and the investment management industry.
The following essential skills are required for the role:
- Analytical acumen and passion for markets -The ideal candidate will have a relevant healthcare services investment research background, strong analytical capabilities, good financial modeling skills, and an eagerness to apply their expertise in support of Wellington's healthcare services investing. The RA will be passionate about investing and the healthcare industry overall.
- Superior collaboration and influencing skills - The Research Associate will be a self-directed, hard-working team player, who contributes to the research efforts of the senior healthcare services Analyst. The successful candidate will enjoy contributing to a highly collaborative investment environment and will build strong trusting relationships internally with colleagues across the healthcare team. The ability to communicate (both verbally and in writing) and contribute to an open investment dialogue is required.
- Growth mindset - The flexibility and openness to continue learning, evolving, and growing as a Research Associate is important. The RA will have a global perspective and creative approach for analyzing investment opportunities in healthcare services equities.
Responsibilities for this position will include the following:
- Performing continuous due diligence on healthcare services companies spanning the breadth of the sector;
- Building and maintaining detailed financial models and industry databases to aid in analyzing existing and prospective investments;
- Attending company meetings, investment industry conferences, and healthcare specific conferences;
- Completing multiple complex analytical projects under tight time constraints;
- Maintaining the integrity of industry and comparative valuation models;
- Contributing to written research and;
- Making investment recommendations to the Healthcare team.
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- Superior academic credentials and track record: an undergraduate degree is required; progression towards attaining the CFA designation will be viewed favorably;
- Two to five years of prior healthcare services investment research experience; strong applicants with other relevant experience (e.g., investment banking or corporate finance) will also be considered;
- Sound judgment, strong work ethic, and the highest personal and professional integrity;
- A high degree of intellectual curiosity;
- Demonstrated analytical ability;
- Strong financial modeling and accounting skills;
- Ability to work independently and make decisions in the face of uncertainty;
- Ability to organize, manage, and prioritize time well;
- Strict attention to detail; and
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
Research Associate, Global Industry Research, Healthcare Services LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .