Research Associate – Mellon Equity Research Rotational Program
Mellon isa global multi-specialist manager dedicated to serving our clients with a fullspectrum of single and multi-asset investment strategies and solutions. Withroots dating back to 1933, Mellon has been innovating across asset classes forgenerations and has the combined scale and capabilities to offer clients abroad range of solutions. From asset class expertise to broad market exposures,clients drive what we do. We are holistic in approach, client driven andcommitted to investment excellence. We aim to be a key partner for our clientsby delivering customized investment outcomes and best-in-class service.
TheMellon Global Equity Research team is looking to add a position to ourrotational program, to be a part of a group redefining how active equityresearch is done.
TheMellon Global Equity Research Rotational program provides new employees withthe foundation and skills they need to build a career within active equitymanagement. We look primarily for candidates with strong creativity,curiosity, analytical drive, and problem solving skills, looking to apply theseskills in answering equity market based questions. While a formalbackground in finance is not required, passion and a commitment to the industryis a must. The ideal candidate will be able to best combine technicalsavvy with the analytical prowess to extract the most relevant information fromdata.
With anemphasis on a diverse background and skill set, the role will entail rotationsincluding but not limited to fundamental analysis, data interpretation andvisualization, communications and investigative research. This positionrequires a high level of intellectual curiosity, the ability to workindependently with minimal direction when needed, and to apply newly acquiredskills in a dynamic setting. Excellent presentation and interpersonalskills and the ability to work collaboratively on teams is required. Theideal candidate would be tasked to:
- Develop a strong understanding of quantitative concepts, and the ability to translate these into investment objectives.
- Oversee analytics projects to extract, manage, and analyze data from multiple applications.
- Conduct, plan, gather, and organize research from primary and secondary sources on businesses, markets, themes and investments.
- Organize and analyze researched material after gathering data in order to prepare written reports for the research team.
- Identify and validate new data sources for use in investment processes.
- Perform data analysis and quality assurance on new datasets and translate findings to support decision making.
- The Research Associate will cover a broad range of products, markets, and industries, and themes.
- Strong attention to detail and high degree of demonstrated decision-making and problem solving skills
Uponcompletion of the two year rotational program, the candidate will have gained abroad analytics and technical skill set across sectors and regions withinactive equity, establish a firm foundation in data science, and be wellpositioned for a career in active equity analysis and management. Qualifications
- Bachelor'sdegree or the equivalent combination of education and experience isrequired.
- 1-3 years' experience, preferably in finance or data analytics
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Strongfinancial and technical acumen
- Passionfor equity investing
- Collaborativeand positive attitude
- Willingnessto work hard and stay constantly challenged
- Passionto contribute to a team, and innate desire to win
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Primary Location:
United States-Massachusetts-Boston Internal Jobcode:
Asset Management Organization:
Mellon With TOH ADJ-HR13428 Requisition Number: