- Not Specified
- Boston, MA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Eaton Vance Investment Managers
- 11 Oct 18
By joining Eaton Vance, you’ll become part of a company that has one of the best employee retention rates in the financial services industry. We offer competitive salaries, generous benefits, and tremendous opportunities for growth and development. If you do not see a position that
By joining Eaton Vance, you’ll become part of a company that has one of the best employee retention rates in the financial services industry. We offer competitive salaries, generous benefits, and tremendous opportunities for growth and development. If you do not see a position that fits your career objectives, please return to this site in the future as our hiring needs will change. We look forward to your becoming a part of our continued success!
The High Yield Research Associate Program is a three to five year program designed to provide valuable experience for those interested in beginning their investment career investing in high yield bonds.
High Yield Research Associates provides research and analytical support to Senior Analysts and Portfolio Managers on the high yield investment team.
- Provide assistance to Portfolio Managers and Senior High Yield Analysts in the evaluation of potential investment opportunities. At a high-level, this includes: (i) an analysis of industry fundamentals and outlook, and; (ii) due diligence on, and an evaluation of, individual company business models, operating strategies, financial results and outlooks. This work results in a conclusion regarding the creditworthiness of the company being evaluated and the relative attractiveness of their publicly-traded debt instruments.
- Build and maintain proprietary financial models from information contained in company filings and other data sources (e.g., 10-Ks, 10-Qs, Bloomberg, Capital IQ, sell-side research reports, industry research reports). In addition to company-specific financial models, these analyses often also include additional components, such as: sensitivity analyses, peer comparisons and industry-specific analyses.
- Participate in: (i) the daily investment team meeting; (ii) company reviews concurrent with new debt offerings or secondary market trading opportunities, and; (iii) industry reviews.
- Take part in meetings with management teams and sell-side analysts.
- Attend industry and high yield conferences.
- Work on special projects within the High Yield Department (e.g., screening and optimizing investment opportunities; assessing portfolio risk exposures).
- B.S./B.A. with strong academic and extracurricular achievement. Business major (accounting/ finance coursework) preferred.
- Prior internship or 1-2 years related work experience.
- Plan to attend business school in 3-5 years.
- A general understanding of, and intellectual curiosity about, the financial markets.
- Proficient in Excel.
- Outstanding analytical skills.
- Detail-oriented, accurate, reliable.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to function independently, multi-task, and work well in a fast-pace, team-oriented environment.
This policy applies to Eaton Vance Corp. and all subsidiary companies (the “Company”).
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a work environment that is free of discrimination and harassment. It does not discriminate against applicants or employees with respect to any terms or conditions of employment on account of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, age, pregnancy, parenthood, physical or mental disability (actual or perceived), medical condition including genetic characteristics, marital status, citizenship status, military service, gender, gender identity, registered domestic partner status, domestic violence victim status, status with regard to public assistance, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Eaton Vance also prohibits discrimination based on the perception that a person has any of those characteristics or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company, and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company, including supervisors and co-workers. All employment decisions shall be consistent with the principles of equal employment opportunity.
The information on this Web site is for U.S. residents only. The information on this Web site does not constitute an offer to sell, or a solicitation of an offer to purchase, securities in any jurisdiction to any person to whom it is not lawful to make such an offer. Eaton Vance does not provide tax or legal advice. Prospective investors should consult with a tax or legal advisor before making any investment decision. © Eaton Vance Management. All rights reserved. Two International Place, Boston, MA 02110