For over 20 years, GfK Boutique has been the incumbent alternative-data provider for the buy-side – particularly in the Technology and Consumer Spaces. We specialize in data cuts and research reports from the world’s largest PoS database, have access to 30+ analysts who synthesize, analyze, and forecast Boutique’s PoS data in reports and dashboards, illuminate consumer end-demand trends, adding their expert insight into product launches, ASP trends, and more.
This is an exciting time for the right candidate to join GfK’s Boutique Research team and take their experience to the next level! The Research Analyst will have the unique ability to create and evaluate data to connect key points to tell a compelling story that will include revealing forecasting trends for our clients and more. They will have the opportunity to be client-facing and present their findings to top GfK internal and external clients. This role will be an integral part within our team conducting research on publicly traded companies derived from GfK’s proprietary POS data. We are looking for an energetic and motivated individual seeking to develop their critical thinking skills to support our clients in the institutional investment space.
In this role you will have the opportunity to:
- Work collaboratively with the broader Boutique analyst team to analyze GfK data and produce detailed industry-level research reports.
- Build a strong knowledge base for tracking prominent publicly traded companies, keeping up to date on the latest news and earnings releases.
- Rapidly analyze GfK’s proprietary global POS database to identify key inflection points, leveraging a variety of tools including Excel, SQL, Power BI, R and Python.
- Manage market forecasts that are updated in real-time to flag the impact.
- Craft top-tier visualizations to effectively convey important conclusions from the latest research.
- Represent GfK in front of its clients, detailing the latest research either over the phone, video conference, or in-person.
How you will make an impact:
- Contribute to impactful written analysis of the latest data, identifying key trends for important companies to support our clients in their investment decisions.
- Effectively communicate GfK’s unique research messages to investment clients across all mediums, using clear concise language.
- Support lead analysts in covering multiple companies across an industry with research and forecasts, driving incremental narratives that will add value for our clients.
Ideally, you will bring the following:
- 3-6 years of experience as an analyst in a role related to finance, with at least 2 years of experience in a client facing role.
- Exceptional analytical skills and an appetite for knowledge – industry-specific knowledge is desirable, but not required.
- High proficiency of Microsoft Excel (Power Pivot, Macros, etc.) is a must.
- Minimum basic knowledge of SQL required.
- Knowledge of Power BI / Tableau, R or Python is a plus.
- The ability to craft effective visualizations to highlight key data trends and conclusion.
What GfK offers:
- 401K Match
- Eleven paid corporate holidays
- Medical / Vision / Dental / Life / Pet insurance
- Work / Life balance – Hybrid work schedule and centrally-located downtown Boston office
- Tuition assistance – up to $5,250.00 yearly
- Commuter benefits
- Supplier discounts / Plum Benefits partnership
At GfK we value diversity, equity, and inclusion. As a part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.