Whether you're an investment professional, an expert in sales or a technology specialist, you'll find a culture at MFS that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, always favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and show care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. Job Description Basic Purpose: Fixed Income Municipal Analyst
with an emphasis on recommending investment risks and opportunities to add value across the MFS municipal bond platform and beyond. Specific experience in the municipal space analyzing state and local general obligation and related credits, single and multi-family housing, and structured credits is a plus; covered sectors may evolve. Principal Responsibilities:
• Conduct independent research on borrowers and sectors via financial statements, rating agency reports, and various other sources.
• Using this research, build and maintain financial models.
• Integrate ESG factors into analysis.
• Incorporating a relative value framework, develop borrower and sector investment recommendations/actions for fixed income portfolios.
• Participate in team meetings to develop group investment strategies.
• Verbally communicate research and investment recommendations to portfolio managers, traders, and other analysts.
• Write investment reports synthesizing research for distribution across the fixed income platform and inclusion in the fixed income database.
• Additional projects as needed. Representative Skills & Attributes Contributing to Success in Analyst Role:
• Strong modeling and data management skills.
• Ability to analyze detailed documents and financial statements.
• Effective written and verbal communication including the ability to organize, interpret, and summarize information into concise written and verbal formats.
• Thrive within a collaborative team structure, including cross-asset class collaboration.
• Receptiveness to and incorporation of feedback from manager and peers.
• A constant growth mentality to meet evolving market expectations and an openness to developing new skills and tools. Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in relevant field. MBA, CFA, or other relevant advanced degree preferred.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email email@example.com for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. " Click here to view the 'EEO is the Law' poster and supplement ."