The institutional asset management industry is evolving. Clients need more than products; they need a trusted partner and advisor to help them achieve their goals. State Street Global Advisors (SSGA) is seeking a leader of institutional relationship management and client experience who can excel in that environment and help others on their team to do the same. Are you that leader?
As the Head of Relationship Management for our Americas Institutional Client Group, you will be responsible for building and delivering our engagement strategy across the full lifecycle of institutional clients' experience with SSGA in the Americas. You will lead a talented team responsible for handling the day-to-day needs of our clients across multiple offices.
To be successful, you will need to develop an understanding of SSGA's investment and operational capabilities, service offerings, culture and vision in order to maintain and strengthen relationships with our institutional clients and efficiently diagnose issues and solve problems that inevitably arise in the course of a client relationship. Due to the complex needs of our clients, you will need to build collaborative relationships across our sales, investment, product, marketing, operations, finance, legal, compliance and other internal teams critical to the end-to-end client lifecycle, from initial contact to on-boarding to (hopefully infrequent) off-boarding. You will also partner with senior leaders on our EMEA and Asia-Pacific teams on strategic business initiatives to ensure global consistency and coordination and the successful implementation of newly developed engagement strategies and processes. These interactions will take many forms, including organizing and leading projects and strategic initiatives related to complex client deals and issues as well as broader, more thematic initiatives designed to continuously improve the overall experience clients have in working with SSGA.
This role is part of the Americas Institutional Client Group and you will report to the Head of Americas Institutional Client Group.
THIS POSITION REQUIRES:
- 10 - 15 years of experience and a successful track record in an institutional client-facing role at an asset management firm
- You are able to build, lead and motivate teams capable of producing high quality work product and solutions under deadlines
- Responsibility for managing as well as coaching and mentoring a team of 15 + senior and junior client relationship managers
- Leadership of strategic key projects from the initiation and planning stages through execution and completion related to improving ICG's overall business processes, with a specific focus on client service and relationship management
- A proven track record of success building complex solutions with and for clients, including direct involvement in the internal deal team and on-boarding process
- Existing industry relationships that can help accelerate success of sales initiatives and retention of existing clients
- You are able to lead, prioritize and execute on multiple simultaneous priorities and initiatives
- You possess excellent problem solving and influencing skills
- A demonstrated ability to form and cultivate positive relationships with both clients and internal partners
- You are able to thrive in a highly regulated environment that demands full compliance with policies and procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You have a positive, can-do attitude that motivates and inspire others
- You possess an insatiable desire to win
- BS or BA required; MBA preferred
- Series 7and 63 required; Series 3 and 24 strongly preferred
ABOUT STATE STREET
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our dedication to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability. Salary Range:
$170,000 - $267,500 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.