Who we are looking for
You will be part of the institutional asset management industry which is evolving. Clients need more than products; they need a trusted partner and advisor to help them achieve their goals. State Street Global Advisors (SSGA) is seeking a Client Relationship Manager with institutional client engagement and client experience who can excel in that environment and work with others on their team to do the same. Are you that person?
As a Client Relationship Manager within SSGA's Americas Institutional Client Group, you will be responsible for building and delivering exceptional client service across the full lifecycle of an institutional clients' experience with SSGA in the Americas.
You will be part of and collaborate with a talented team responsible for handling the day-to-day needs of our clients.
To be successful, you will need to develop an understanding of SSGA's investment and operational capabilities, service offerings, culture and vision in order to efficiently diagnose issues and solve problems that inevitably arise in the course of a client relationship. Due to the complex needs of our clients, you will need to build collaborative relationships across our sales, investment, product, marketing, operations, finance, legal, compliance and other internal teams critical to the end-to end client lifecycle, from initial contact to on-boarding to (hopefully infrequent) off-boarding. You will also partner with your colleagues on client engagement initiatives to ensure global consistency and the successful implementation of newly developed engagement strategies and processes. These interactions take many forms, including participating in projects and strategic initiatives related to complex client deals and issues as well as broader, more thematic initiatives designed to continuously improve the overall experience clients have in working with SSGA.
This role is part of the Americas Institutional Client Group and you will report to a Team Leader within the Client Relationship Team of that business.
THIS POSITION REQUIRES THAT YOU HAVE:
• A minimum 5-7 years of experience in an institutional client-facing role at an asset management firm
• Ownership of the client experience, focusing on business retention and increasing visibility with clients
• Proficiency in navigating complex client relationships, including the support of client events and ensuring a thorough understanding of client expectations
• Partnerships with new business development teams on strategic client growth and initiatives
• Strong organizational, project planning and execution skills
• A clear understanding of, and the ability to effectively reinforce, accountability and ownership with internal stakeholders
• Comprehension of firm capabilities and services to deliver solutions supporting client goals
• The ability to lead, prioritize and execute on multiple simultaneous priorities and initiatives
• A demonstrated ability to form and cultivate positive relationships with both clients and internal partners
• The ability to thrive in a highly regulated environment that demands full compliance with policies and procedures
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• A positive, can-do attitude that motivates and inspire others
- BS or BA required; MBA preferred
- Series 3, 7, 63 are required or must be obtained with 90 days.
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
- Experience with Investment management accounting and reporting platforms
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don't necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit. About State Street Global Advisors What We Do.
As the asset management arm of State Street Corporation, State Street Global Advisors has served the world's governments, institutions and financial advisors for over four decades. With a rigorous, risk-aware approach built on research, analysis and market-tested experience, we build from a breadth of active and index strategies to create cost-effective solutions. As stewards, we help portfolio companies see that what is fair for people and sustainable for the planet can deliver long-term performance. And, as pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest. As a result, we have become one of the world's largest asset managers with trillions of dollars under our care. Our Mission.
At State Street Global Advisors our mission is to invest responsibly to enable economic prosperity and social progress. We are driven by a desire to help our clients, and those who rely on them, achieve a better future. We have a long history of developing innovative investment strategies to provide our clients with reliable and transparent returns, cost-effectively, and without excessive risk. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to Flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street Global Advisors State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability. Salary Range:
$90,000 - $142,500 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.