Relationship Manager - Charitable Asset Management, Officer
For over 35 years, the Charitable Asset Management team has been a leading provider of asset management, administration, and tax services for charitable organizations. We oversee $3 billion of charitable assets for over 200 nonprofit clients. Our work enables charitable planned giving programs to thrive while providing their donors a way to support a mission, receive an income, and ensure a philanthropic legacy. Our specialized group at SSGA provides all of the resources necessary for a nonprofit to build and grow a successful planned gift program. This position provides a rare opportunity to join a niche investment and administrative unit within State Street Global Advisors. Responsibilities:
You will work directly and independently with a book of nonprofit clients, their planned giving programs, and their financial teams while coordinating the onboarding of new gifts, administration of existing gifts, termination of mature gifts, and ongoing reporting.
- Participate in face-to-face meetings with client fundraising offices, finance offices, and investment committees; prepare and deliver monthly, quarterly, annual and ad-hoc client reporting
- Partner with our dedicated tax team, investment management team, and operations team to provide outstanding client service
- Advise on gift vehicles, trust language, and funding assets
- Maintain pending activity logs and well-organized account files, ensure accurate fees and up-to-date client contracts
- Build enthusiastic, positive relationships with colleagues and clients
- Gain a keen understanding of the clients' missions and their challenges
- Resolve client issues independently, field questions and respond to concerns from their donors and beneficiaries
- Familiarize yourself and help implement SSGA's corporate procedures, including AML/KYC and other compliance requirements
- College degree and/or advanced training
- 1 to 3 years of experience in non-profit organizations, with a strong preference for the planned giving field
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment
- Knowledge of charitable trusts, charitable gift annuities, and pooled income funds is a plus
- Prior fundraising experience not required, but recommended
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong social and team skills
- Strong computer, accounting, and service skills
- Some travel required, 20%
Around the world, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and dedicated, engaged employees are critical to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential is important to us. It's also part of our dedication to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action Equal Opportunity Employer Veteran Disability