Regulatory Analyst I - Funds
Whether you're an investment professional, an expert in sales or a technology specialist, you'll find a culture at MFS that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, always favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and show care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. Job Description
The Regulatory Analyst I- Funds position is responsible for the review and development of regulatory filings and other related materials. Additionally, this position is responsible for maintaining certain group resources within the legal department. Principal Responsibilities :
- Maintain files and records related to regulatory disclosure matters and ensure that they are kept according to MFS' Record-keeping Policy as well as in accordance with departmental policies and the regulations of applicable regulating agencies.
- Research filing issues and analyze associated data. Present analysis to co-workers and managers.
- Develop or assist in the development of guides and manuals for MFS and its employees with regard to disclosure filing issues. Within scope of job, meet with vendors and third parties to evaluate products and services, and coordinate and resolve issues with same.
- Review and prepare regulatory filings to the SEC or other regulating agencies/authorities. Promptly identify and elevate issues of concern for review. Ensure filings and other documentation are prepared in a timely and complete manner in accordance with departmental procedures. Review calendars and other resources to ensure same. Effectively employ job-specific technology in preparing filings and other disclosure-related materials. Interact with other divisions within MFS and external business partners/vendors to finalize disclosure and to assist in the development of procedures to enhance the quality of and flow of work. Offer suggestions to improve the drafting and review processes.
- Assume additional responsibilities as determined by managers.
- Bachelor's degree preferred with a minimum of two years' legal or business experience in a related environment.
- Solid interpersonal, organizational, communication, customer-service, team-working and problem-solving skills.
- Must be thorough, detail-oriented, persistent, self-motivated, and able to function with a high degree of independence and accuracy, while adhering to departmental and corporate policies and procedures.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects while meeting competing deadlines.
- An aptitude for analytical work and an interest in that work is necessary.
- Must be proficient in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and able to develop proficiency in various MFS proprietary systems required to perform the duties of this position.
- Must be able to work overtime as necessary to keep current with work.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. " Click here to view the 'EEO is the Law' poster and supplement ."