Regional Security Manager, VP
Who we are looking for
State Street is currently seeking a Regional Security Manager to join our team to support our growing business and who will be responsible for five (5) key programs within the Global Security Division: Travel Security Risk Management; Safe Workplace Mitigation; Executive Protection & Board Support; Global Threat Mitigation; and Security Operations. This position will be responsible for supporting the planning, development, implementation, and managing of Global Security's vision, strategy, and programs. The Regional Security Manager will partner regularly with human resources, legal, risk, compliance and insurance.
As the Global Security leader, you will be responsible for the development, implementation, and ensuring the effectiveness of our Global Security programs including: our risk model, protective services, global events, and managing threat and risk intelligence functions. Responsibilities include providing direction for assigned Global Security teams and overseeing the growth and development of assigned programs. You will also develop and maintain our workplace violence prevention and threat assessment programs. Working with internal teams you will build an appropriately scaled response that meets an internally adopted risk framework. Strong analytical skills, strategic thinking, and metrics-proficiency are a must as is an understanding of legal requirements as it relates to these programs.
This is a role that requires advanced leadership skills. The ideal candidate will function independently, be a self-starter, and provide recommendations consistent with industry, department and company standards. The Regional Security Manager will also help manage supplier relationships with critical third-party vendors as well as ensure that the security program that serves our employees and users throughout the world is maintained at a high level. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Regional Security Manager you will
What we value
- Oversee all physical security risk mitigation programs, including but not limited to providing executive support to our CEO, Management Committee and Board of Directors, as well as protective intelligence
- Serving as an expert resource in determining the need for protective services risk mitigation for executive travel itineraries and off-site events
- Responsible for contracted vendors who provide specialized security services, car services, travel security service and safe workplace program across the company
- Develop cost management strategies and performance metrics
- Develop, maintain, and escalate reports to management (KPI's, innovative accomplishments, and program dashboards)
- Enhance our threat response capabilities for our offices that includes risk analysis, multi-team coordination, and law enforcement response for an imminent threat or active shooter event.
- Manage SSC's Threat Assessment Team, to include training and exercises
- Help manage all aspects of the threat and Risk Intelligence program, including analysis and reporting to inform operational decisions and provide awareness to business partners
- Support and enhance the security operations team, develop GSOC programs that enhance protective services across the travel security operation
- Build a travel safety program with an emphasis on duty of care for employees. This will include evaluating, mitigating and responding to any travel security risks impacting personnel traveling on behalf of State Street
- Evaluate the legal requirements of each of the assigned programs and make recommendations in accordance with those legal requirements
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Be an independent thinker, problem solver, fast-starter, and a calculated risk taker who can prioritize programs with a sense of urgency
- Ability to initiate feedback processes to seize coaching opportunities for team members, while continuously pursuing self-development and growth
- Demonstrate an ability to think analytically and strategically
- Capacity to make organizational decisions, autonomy in decision-making, complexity of decisions, impact of decisions, and problem-solving abilities
- Develop a strong alignment and collaboration with key stakeholders to develop trust and internal partnerships as well as become a trusted advisor
- Knowledge of current and emerging trends in travel risk management, global security operations, and safe workplace
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent organizational, planning, prioritization, follow-up and closure skills
- Close attention to detail and timely execution
- Strong analytical execution including systematic root cause and risk assessment methodologies
- Bachelor's degree or greater in relatable field with a minimum of ten (10) or more years of experience working in specialized security programs in a commensurate role with similar responsibilities
- Master's degree in relatable field preferred but not required
- Five or more years of experience with managing contract security, to include all phases of contract deliverables and vendor management
- Security certification as Certified Protection Professional (CPP) through ASIS or equivalent industry recognition
- Law degree preferred but not required
- Current responsibility in managing security contractors that specifically provide security drivers and effective protective services program at a prior company in finance or technology sector.
- Prior law enforcement or military preferred but not required
About State Street What we do.
- Valid Driver's license required
- Passport and ability to obtain Visas as required
- Domestic or international travel may be required with little or no notice
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to take initiative
- Prior corporate experience required
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers