Quantitative Research Associate Intern (Summer 2020)
Whether you're an investment professional, an expert in sales or a technology specialist, you'll find a culture at MFS that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, always favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and show care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. Job Description
The Quantitative Solutions team has three primary areas of responsibility: 1) risk management for all MFS portfolios; 2) portfolio management for multi-asset class portfolios, including the Asset Allocation, Lifetime Target Date and Global Tactical Allocation products; and 3) portfolio management for portfolios that employ quantitative security selection models, including Blended Research, Systematic Research, and PPS products.
As a summer intern in the Quantitative Solutions Team you will take on one or more research projects related to the analytics and/or technology of quantitative risk management, asset allocation or quantitative equity research. You will participate in the quant team's meetings and discussions, as well as appropriate fundamental research and portfolio management meetings. You will work independently but in consultation with quantitative analysts and portfolio managers. MFS will be evaluating for full time hires as Quantitative Research Associates from the Summer Internship program to start in 2021 following their graduation from college. Job Responsibilities:
- Work within quantitative research team on projects related to development of quantitative models and/or the technology underlying those subjects.
- Assist in the development and implementation of disciplined quantitative processes focused on alpha generation, portfolio construction and risk management.
- Effectively communicate results of processes and research.
- Assume additional projects and responsibilities as required.
- Rising Senior.
- Study focused in Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, or other quantitatively oriented discipline.
- Exceptional analytical skills, ability to assemble, clean and evaluate large datasets.
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to work independently on complex projects.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and programming languages such as R, Python, Matlab preferred. Familiarity with financial data software such as Bloomberg or FactSet is a plus.
- Strong communication skills; both written and verbal.
- Attention to detail and commitment to accuracy.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. " Click here to view the 'EEO is the Law' poster and supplement ."