Quantitative Research Analyst
The scope of the role is centered on furthering the development of quantitative tools to assist in the selection and oversight of investment managers. This position works alongside analysts and other internal partners on both day-to-day as well as project and developmental responsibilities. Responsibilities
- Develop, update and enhance customized quantitative tools to assist the Multi-Manager Investment Solutions Team in the selection and oversight of active investment managers.
- This includes developing tools that leverage the capabilities of vendor systems such as Factset and Aladdin as well as internally developed systems to assist the team in deepening their analysis and understanding of the merits of 3rd party investment strategies.
- Work with team to automate and further develop manager screening tools using data from various industry sources.
- Work with 3rd party quantitative investment managers to understand their investment processes, how these processes fit into a broader portfolio context and how the strategies are differentiated from other available strategies.
- Work closely with quantitative team(s) employed by our clients to deepen their understanding of our process, tools and value-add.
- Work closely with the Portfolio Analytics Group (PAG) and other business partners that report data relevant to the Multi-Manager Investment Solutions Team.
- Develop tools to efficiently run analytics and reports to support Investment Committee, Board and client meetings on a regular and ad hoc basis.
- Collaborate with colleagues globally to execute initiatives on the Solutions Team's quantitative research agenda.
- Strong quantitative and problem solving skills, with the ability to pull together, organize and analyze large quantities of data and to check the output for accuracy and reasonableness.
- Ability to communicate clearly, build relationships in person and telephonically, and collaborate effectively both inside and outside the organization is critical to the role.
- Strong knowledge of Visual Basic, Python, R Project, C/C++/C#, Matlab, Amazon AWS, Shiny or similar data management tools/languages.
- Familiarity with 3rd party analytical tools employed by team (Bloomberg, FactSet, Aladdin, BARRA, eVestment, Lipper, Morningstar, etc.)
- 1-3 years of industry experience with minimum undergraduate degree.
- Strong technical aptitude and familiarity with databases and data integration. Comfortable with statistics, regression, linear and non-linear models, time series analysis, etc.
- Proven attention to detail, with the ability to work under tight deadlines.