Quantitative Fixed Income Research Associate, Emerging Market Debt
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours. POSITION
The Research Associate will support the broad research needs of the Emerging Market Debt (EMD) team's sovereign research effort. The EMD team invests in both external and local debt across issuers that are both investment grade and below investment grade. The Research Associate will analyze data, including econometrics, related to macro analysis and forecasting, assessment of political developments and governance trends and assessments of debt sustainability and local market drivers. RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities for this position will include the following:
- Gather, manipulate, and analyze data to be used in country analysis and other special projects
- Expand and automate research databases
- Maintain integrity of country data and analyses, and comparative valuation tools
- Monitor and listen to relevant news, announcements, and conference calls
- Attend internal and external investment meetings
- Contribute to research agenda and to written research on countries
- Help build and maintain complex country financial models
We are looking for a self-directed, hard-working team player, who can help leverage the research efforts of the Fixed Income EMD Quantitative Strategists. This position is best suited for individuals with strong analytical capabilities and financial modeling skills, a passion for investments, and an eagerness to apply these skills to the investment decision-making process. Specific qualifications for the position include:
- 2+ years of work experience in Fixed Income will be preferred
- Demonstrated analytical capability, financial modeling skills, and programming skills (e.g., Matlab, JAVA, SQL,Python, Jupiter Notebook)
- Knowledge of econometrics software packages, (STATA, EViews, SPSS) or data analysis Python Packages (numpy, scipy etc.) is a plus
- Effective communications skills, both written and oral
- Proven organizational and time management skills as well as ability to work under pressure
- Strict attention to detail and strong work ethic
- Strong academic track record, with preference for an undergraduate major in Economics, Math, Engineering or Finance; progress towards CFA or CAIA is a plus.
This position will be based in Wellington's Global Headquarters in Boston, MA. SKILLS JOB TITLE
Quantitative Fixed Income Research Associate, Emerging Market Debt LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .