Quantitative Crypto Researcher
- USD170000 - USD200000 per annum + bonus
- Boston, MA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Huxley Banking & Financial Services
- 15 Feb 18 2018-02-15
We are looking to build a new team of Quantitative Researchers to explore the frontier of the Crypto-currency space. This role will be one of several new team members that will work collaboratively to develop time series econometric models, financial forecasting and back-testing models, investigate IMF reports on crypto-currencies, and any other quantitative research necessary to support this growing industry.
The Quantitative Researcher role will involve a number of responsibilities on a growing team. Developing financial and econometric models using machine learning techniques will be a key driver of our research. This role will also involve studying IMF reports, crypto-currency markets, financial vendor data, developing web-scraping tools, and exploring new quantitative research techniques as part of a collaborative team.
- PhD from a Top-30 Economics, Finance, or Quantitative program
- 0-5 years of experience in Quantitative Finance, preferably with a focus on econometrics
- Experience in machine learning programming and research techniques, developing financial models, running time series econometric analysis, etc.
- Excellent programming skills in statistical programming languages such as R, MATLAB, SAS, or Python
- Experience with Object-Oriented Programming skills in Python, Java, or C++ is preferred
- Demonstrated personal and/or professional interest in Crypto-currencies
- Experience with Bloomberg, MSCI, DataStream, FactSet is preferred
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.