We are seeking a Quantitative Analyst for a new position within our ESG research team. The successful applicant will possess a strong track-record in economic and statistical modelling with a passion for sustainability investing. The individual will be expected to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and demonstrate ambition, teamwork skills and the ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities. This is a Boston MA based role, reporting into the Director of Responsible Investing.
What You’ll Do:
The job will consist of conducting quantitative equity analysis associated with the firm’s ESG engagement efforts. Responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Lead the firm’s ESG engagement efforts, on-going monitoring of investee companies and analysis of proxy voting.
- Conduct ESG research and quantitative analysis to develop the firm’s stewardship processes, data analytics, and impact reporting.
- Co-ordinate ESG responses to open-letters (e.g. to regulators and NGOs) and participate in collaborative engagements and third-party initiatives.
- Support ESG assessments of portfolio holdings and monitor controversies.
- Support the publication of data-driven thematic research (including an annual climate and sustainability report).
- Contribute to the development of Acadian’s proprietary tools for use in monitoring ESG exposures including the development of environmental and social impact metrics and climate risk reporting.
- In collaboration with other portfolio managers, report on the performance and positioning to internal and external audiences using Acadian’s proprietary oversight and management tools.
- Write concise, clear answers to client and prospect questions, based on knowledge of Acadian’s portfolios and processes.
- Remain up-to-date on academic and industry ESG trends and developments.
- Support the Director of Responsible Investing and members of the ESG team in aspects of research, oversight, and preparation of external communications, presentations and materials.
We’re Looking for Teammates With:
- Strong academic record with an advanced degree in a quantitative field such as statistics, econometrics, computer science, or a similar discipline is required.
- 3 years of experience in a similar role (e.g., asset manager, investment bank), with a strong understanding of ESG investing applied within a quantitative environment.
- Hands-on experience of ESG datasets (e.g. MSCI, S&P Trucost, RepRisk), and strong understanding of ESG regulatory frameworks (e.g. TCFD, SASB, SFDR).
- First-class quantitative research skills with experience parsing, processing, and analyzing large unstructured datasets (ideally text) and methods for working with large data and tools for data analysis (SQL, git, JIRA).
- Proven experience and fluency with data analysis techniques in Python, along with relevant statistics libraries (statsmodels, scikit-learn, scipy, numpy, pandas, matplotlib).
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial individual with the ambition to succeed in and work collaboratively in an environment that demands multi-tasking and liaison across regional offices and time-zones.
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and methodical approach to work, with an ability to organize and prioritize heavy workloads.
- Ability to work with others and resourcefulness in navigating an organization.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships.
Why Work Here:
Acadian is a quantitative investment firm where ideas are empowered by technology. Our team is made up of a diverse mix of professionals who thrive in a culture that fosters ingenuity through collaboration and transparency. We offer a casual office environment, top-notch benefits, and excellent professional and personal development opportunities.
To apply for this position or view Acadian’s open roles, please visit the Careers section of our website at: http://www.acadian-asset.com/careers/Job-opportunities. We will contact only selected candidates. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is the policy of Acadian Asset Management LLC to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status, citizenship status, disability, or sexual orientation.