Quality Assurance Analyst (ESG)
Whether you're an investment professional, an expert in sales or a technology specialist, you'll find a culture at MFS that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, always favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and show care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. Job Description
The Investment Quality Assurance Engineer is a member of the Global information Technology team responsible for validating end-to-end trading systems workflows. Working in an Agile environment with developers and business analysts, and product owners and business partners such as portfolio specialists, and traders, this individual will be required to analyze and test complex end to end trading systems workflows, quantitate analysis concisely, and communicate to the team clear results, issues, and at times recommendations visualization techniques.
This position requires strong investment research, ESG and analytical skills in order to support MFS' Investment applications.
As a member of an agile development team, this Investment QA Analyst will be participating in all agile ceremonies, assisting in sprint planning, daily stand-ups, iteration review and retrospectives.
Working in collaboration with Developers, Analysts and other stakeholders to understand the requirements surrounding new or enhanced features this position is responsible for writing test case documents, test plan documents and test results that adhere to MFS standards. He or She will be responsible for performing peer reviews of testing artifacts and demonstrate to the technology team and business participants their test results, evidence, and any related analysis. PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Creating comprehensive test plans with well defined, reusable test cases from acceptance criteria defined in scrum stories.
- Executing software testing for trading and portfolio management systems to include functional testing, system end to end testing, regression testing, and performance testing.
- Working with the automation engineers to record and maintain automated test script libraries for functional regression testing for assigned applications.
- Assist with the development, integration and coordination of cross-organization test projects
- Generate effective status and progress reports to the QA manager and scrum team
- Successful candidate will have an aggregate of minimum two years of experience in testing investment management systems.
- Experience working with market data platforms such as Bloomberg or Factset
- Expert knowledge of at least one of the following: Python, R is strongly preferred.
- Strong experience with trading systems end to end workflow, including modeling and post trade processing is strongly preferred.
- Experience with Charles River Investment Management system is preferred.
- Good experience in Agile scrum framework
- Experience with the JIRA platform for SDLC.
- Working knowledge of industry standard best practices as related to software testing of financial products and workflows
- Experience in the software application design, development and testing process.
- Ability to translate from business requirements to technical testing solutions.
- Understanding of relational, XML, NoSQL database models and associated data access methods (SQL)
- Strong ability to manipulate and analyze complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources
- Good interpersonal communication skills with ability to work with other members in a scrum team
- Advanced degree - Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics, Analytics or Applied Mathematics are preferred
- Strong partnership and relationship building skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong problem solving abilities.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. " Click here to view the 'EEO is the Law' poster and supplement ."