QA Automation Co-op (January 2020)
Whether you're an investment professional, an expert in sales or a technology specialist, you'll find a culture at MFS that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, always favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and show care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. Job Description
MFS is a premier investment management firm with a rich history and a growing global reputation. Since 1924, when our founders invented the mutual fund, collaboration and innovation have fueled our success. When you join our team, you will be challenged by the work you do, and you will share your talents with a vibrant network of vested individuals to create an elite organization and build a rewarding career.
This Co-op experience provides participants with a meaningful, relevant work experience as part of their academic studies. In addition to daily responsibilities, participants will have the opportunity to participate in a series of structured activities designed to enhance their learning experience including:
- Co-Op New Hire Orientation
- Senior Leadership Speaker Series
- Social & Networking Events
- Presentation Challenges
At the conclusion of this position, co-ops will have increased their knowledge of investing, the mutual fund industry, employee engagement, and a firm understanding of how information technology works at an asset management company.
MFS co-op positions are a 6-month commitment (January 7, 2020- June 26, 2020), working Monday - Friday and work between 35-40 hours. Our program is designed for undergraduate students who are currently enrolled in a co-op program through their college or university and can meet our requirements. About QA Automation
MFS Software Development Teams provide business-aligned technology solutions in a reliable, efficient, secure, and cost-effective manner to its clients and stakeholders, using innovative approaches and emerging technologies. A primary objective is to provide high quality software in a timely manner. The QA Automation co-op will be a key member of the team, responsible for assisting in test automation and quality assurance to help shape software development activities within the Software Development Team. Principle Responsibilities
- Create new test scripts and enhance existing scripts using the latest tools and technologies (programming required).
- Executes and analyzes existing automated test scripts for various applications.
- Manually execute steps in test cases when necessary.
- Contribute to our framework capabilities.
- Follow Development standards and best practices.
- Organize and report results out of our test management software.
- Create documentation for Automation Team as needed (best practices, run instructions, etc.).
- Assumes additional responsibilities as requested.
- Strong programming skills. Java preferred.
- API and Web service knowledge.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- High level of familiarity with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Curiosity and a desire to understand the processes and different business areas.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. " Click here to view the 'EEO is the Law' poster and supplement ."