Production Application Support Specialist
Who we are looking for
State Street Global Markets is the investment research and trading arm of State Street, provides specialized research, trading, securities lending and innovative portfolio strategies to owners and managers of institutional assets.
Global Markets is seeking a technical Production Application Support Specialist, Officer with working knowledge of the Security Finance platforms/environments to support our technical operation functions in our production, UAT and disaster recovery environments. Reporting to the Service Delivery Manager in Boston, this person will be responsible for active monitoring of trading, settlement and reporting applications. They will work directly with business and application development teams in resolving application issues. What you will be responsible for
As Production Application Support Specialist you will
What we value
- Provide direct technical trading floor application support to our SSGM business partners
- Troubleshoot/analyze and triage application and trading issues
- Monitor application environment for issues
- Assist in the maintenance and deployments of trading applications
- Work in a 24x7 environment
- Ability to work and co-ordinate with multiple remote teams
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Ability to work independently and excellent problem-solving skills are a must
- Willingness to take ownership of issues and ability to see them thru to resolution
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks, work with schedules / resources while remaining focused on team goals
- Experience supporting large scale, 24/7, real time mission critical systems
Why this role is important to us
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science
- 2 years in a technical role in a financial institution.
- Knowledge of Foreign Exchange, Equities or Securities Finance business process flows
- Familiarity with programming/scripting languages
- Good knowledge of Oracle, Sybase or MS SQL
- Working knowledge of Middleware (MQ Series, etc.), and J2EE applications
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Markets (SSGM). When owners and managers of institutional assets need research, trading, securities lending and innovative portfolio strategies, they turn to the SSGM business unit. As our investment research and trading arm, SSGM's number one goal is to enhance and preserve our clients' portfolio values by applying technology, optimizing trading, and linking asset classes and markets across the world. You will play a key role in keeping these system operating efficiently and minimizing any downtime that could impact our business.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We're looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers