Description About this role
BlackRock is one of the world's pre-eminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions - from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world's capital markets.
Elevate your career by joining the world's largest asset manager! Do you thrive in an environment that champions positive relationships and recognizes outstanding performance? We know you want to feel valued every single day and be recognized for your contribution. At BlackRock, we strive to empower our employees and actively engage your involvement in our success. With over USD $7 trillion of assets we have an outstanding responsibility: our technology and services empower millions of investors to save for retirement, pay for college, buy a home and improve their financial well-being.
Technology and Operations ("Tech Ops") is responsible for the development of the firm's operating infrastructure to support BlackRock's investment businesses worldwide. Tech Ops establishes and coordinates operational procedures internally and externally with clients, custodians, accounting agents, prime brokers, broker-dealers and other vendors and is responsible for leading BlackRock's relationships. Global Fund Distribution Partner ("FDP") Operations is a unit within Tech Ops Team Overview
Global Accounting & Product Services (GAAPS)
GAAPS manages the accounting and operating control environment for BlackRock's global commingled vehicles and separately managed accounts and provides various other administrative and oversight services to BlackRock's various product ranges including the BlackRock mutual funds and iShares ETFs. Responsibilities include:
- Oversight of internal and outsourced accounting, administrative, transfer agency and financial reporting functions
- Board governance and reporting
- Technical accounting and regulatory guidance for various products
- Product lifecycle management - launches, mergers, liquidations and other events
- Compliance - monitoring and adherence to product and regulatory guidelines and policies
- Oversight of credit facilities and other leverage instruments
Product Oversight and Governance (POG)
POG is a unit within GAAPS. POG teams are organized regionally to support the unique jurisdictional requirements and stakeholders for our various fund ranges. POG manages the fund level "structural" needs of the various fund ranges, including support to BlackRock business groups and the Board of Directors/Trustees that oversee them.
Members of the POG team are responsible for overseeing the funds' overall control environment and manage numerous business affairs in support of our funds. These individuals will connect across GAAPS and Business Operations to manage product and regulatory changes within our fund ranges. POG works closely with several other internal teams to deliver quality and value to our shareholders including but not limited to teams responsible for accounting oversight, financial reporting, product development, pricing, tax, legal and compliance. Role Responsibility
- Drive the Business Management of POG through connectivity with the group and other COOs across BlackRock.
- Prepare materials illustrating POG projects/accomplishments/metrics to be shared broadly across BlackRock.
- Oversight of outsourced functions including fund auditors, review performance of the service providers, and evaluate control environments.
- Review and challenge policies and procedures to help evolve the operating model to best practice.
- Assess the operating model for risk and efficiency, with a focus on automation and technology.
- Contribute towards and prepare presentations to BlackRock governance bodies (e.g., fund boards) and committees.
- Participate in the investigation of operating events coordinating with cross functional colleagues.
- Provide fund accounting technical input across all operational aspects.
- Build good relationships with business areas within BlackRock, effectively engage and drive an efficient control framework.
- Contribute to ensuring compliance with all relevant BlackRock policies and with regulatory requirements impacting the funds.
3-6 years US GAAP, fund accounting and financial reporting experience, including (but not limited to):
- US GAAP/40 Act requirements for mutual funds including Exchange Traded Funds
- Fair valuation guidance, practices, and models
- Expense structures and allocations
- Components and changes in net asset value
- Provider Control environment, due diligence & NAV tolerance review
- Fund / Product events such as fund and class launches, mergers, liquidations and other restructuring events
Project Management for regulatory change and business change
- Presentation building and design for effective communication (i.e., PowerPoint, Power BI)
- Accountability and ownership of key functions and special projects
- Vendor management experience
- Good understanding of the fund valuation and associated transaction lifecycle and key control frameworks.
- Solid prioritization skills and ability to handle competing priorities.
- Proven track record in implementing change management
- Develop practical and pragmatic solutions through a 'hands on' approach.
- Strong verbal and written communication capabilities - ability to interact and clearly communicate / articulate with all levels, including portfolio managers, fund directors, external auditors, senior management and vendors.
- Initiative, drive and enthusiasm; passion for performance
- Excellent attention to detail
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work pilot
BlackRock's current hybrid work pilot is designed to help you experience the best of both worlds: the opportunity to connect with colleagues in person and the flexibility to work remotely, with greater time to focus on what's important to you. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are generally expected to work 3 days in the office and 2 days from home (on average) each week. For some business groups, more time may be required in the office, while greater flexibility may be in place for others. Our "One BlackRock" culture means you'll be supported to collaborate with your new colleagues while bringing your full self to work - wherever you are.
The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.