Product Manager, GlobalLink Synergy (Project Seahorse), Vice President
Purpose of Role:
Responsible for working with GlobalLink & Global Markets stakeholders to define detailed solution design and business requirements within the GlobalLink Synergy (Seahorse) Product team.
Interact with GlobalLink and Global Markets business units, individual product team SMEs, development, quality assurance, external clients and core corporate functions on a daily basis. Major Responsibilities:
Work with GlobalLink & Global Markets product managers, business SMEs, clients and other stakeholders to create detailed business requirements and define functional requirements including constructing client solutions, workflow charts, report specifications, diagrams and screen mockups.
Work closely with the development and QA teams to ensure requirements are clear to all parties. Documentation of critical information shared during strategy, design, development, and release meetings.
Administration of system documentation including product development schedules, release schedules, bug tracking, etc. Monitor project progress by tracking activity, resolving problems, publishing progress reports, and recommending actions.
Maintain system protocols by writing and updating internal and external release notes as well as internal training and process materials.
Communicate and collaborate effectively with many different team members across the business and technology areas. Facilitate and perform reviews of the product to ensure key business needs are sufficiently met and that there is consistency in the strategy and design across the platform.
Ensuring that when features are delivered they meet the requirements.
Skills and Experience
- Display a culture of individual ownership of tasks to embed a clear individual sense of accountability in performing the role
- Ensure that the highest level of the Code of Conduct is displayed in your behavior
- Provide appropriate management information as required to support business unit decision making
- Support the 'Risk Excellence' culture within the business
- Adhere to limits of delegation and escalation procedures required by your manager so that you comply with internal policies and external regulations
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills
- Bachelor's degree required, Masters degree preferred
- Strong analytical skills
- Direct experience in the electronic trading of financial instruments, including but not limited to FX, Money Markets, Futures or Equities
- Experience with big data systems
- 10+ years of business analysis, project management or product management experience
- Container applications experience (ie. Finsemble, OpenFin and Glue42)
- Advanced skills with MS Office suite (including Excel, PowerPoint, Visio) and Atlassian suite (JIRA, Confluence)
- Knowledge and understanding of trading transfer protocols including FIX, SWIFT and experience in implementing API-based solutions
- Excellent prioritization and resource management skills.
- Demonstrated skill driving results with imperfect information.
- Strong analytical, communication, organization and interpersonal skills.
- Financial services industry experience. Specifically, with electronic trading of FX, cash or other asset classes.
- Electronic Trading System Workflow and User Experience design experience a plus.
- Detail oriented and self-motivated.