Product Management Analyst
- Boston, MA, USA Boston MA US
- Permanent, Full time
- Wellington Management Company, LLP
- 17 Mar 18 2018-03-17
Product Management Analyst
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
The Product Management Analyst will join Wellington Management's Investment Strategy team, with a focus on our platform for alternative, systematic, and multi-asset investing. With over $9 billion in assets under management, this group is focused on designing strategies to capture returns from three sources: alternative risk premia, dynamic asset allocation, and fundamental alpha. Our portfolio construction process is built on the framework of risk-budgeting, and we implement using derivatives and physical securities, across equities, bonds, rates, currencies, and commodities, on a global basis. Strategies on our platform compete in various sectors, from multi-strategy hedge funds, alternative risk premia, to risk parity funds, with custom versions seeking to achieve specific client objectives. Ours is a growing, global book of business; the Analyst will be crucial in our ability to seek, respond to, and capture opportunities in this global market.
Product Management serves as the bridge that connects our investment team to the firm's clients and prospects. This blend of investment depth and understanding of the business of investment management is reflected in the Product Management Analyst position. The successful candidate will demonstrate a blend of analytical acumen, a problem-solving mindset, a keen interest in financial markets, and commercial instinct. The Product Management Analyst will be responsible for running all data analytics related to performance, risk, pricing and competitors necessary to create presentation materials and to answer client and prospect requests. The successful candidate will bring the investment knowledge necessary to understand and explain drivers of performance and risk across a complex, multi-faceted book of business. The ability to simplify the complex will be required, with the Analyst expected to field and respond to complex questions from internal and external sources, draft responses to requests for proposal, and to write monthly and quarterly performance and risk summaries for clients and prospects. Problem solving will be required, with independence to own and drive product-related initiatives and business processes from product development to setting up new portfolios. The Analyst should bring enthusiasm to pursue these tasks and contribute to the success of our clients and firm.
The ideal candidate will be conversant on investment related topics and interested in the role of investment strategies within the context of a broader client portfolio. To be successful, a candidate will need time management, communication, and analytical skills, as well as high attention to detail. Successful candidates will demonstrate the ability to organize and interpret investment data in order to reach conclusions and use data to support a narrative. A positive, collegial attitude and high level of professionalism are essential, as is initiative and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment with tight deadlines.
We are seeking candidates who display the following characteristics:
- A Bachelor's degree with strong academic credentials and a record of achievement
- At least 3 years of relevant industry experience; progress towards an MBA and/or CFA is desirable
- Solid judgment, intellectual curiosity, and willingness to take, and support a differentiated perspective
- Attention to detail combined with a solutions-oriented, strategic mindset
- Strong work ethic and grace under pressure
- Articulate with an interest in developing presentation skills
- Ability to work both independently and in collaboration with a global team
- Analytical acumen, deep investment knowledge, and commercial instinct
- A positive, collegial attitude and high level of professionalism
- Strong skillset in MS Excel; familiarity with Bloomberg, and FactSet is a plus
- Ability to adapt and get things done
- Open to receiving and giving direct, ongoing feedback
- A sense of humor is preferred but not required
- Experience with alternative investments preferred
- Experience at a sell-side firm, asset manager / hedge fund, or management consultancy preferred
Product Management Analyst
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at Wellington@icareerhelp.com .