Privates Operation Analyst
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 55 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
Tracing our roots to 1928, Wellington Management Company, LLP is one of the world's largest independent investment management firms. With over US$1 trillion in assets under management as of 31 December 2020, we serve as a trusted adviser to institutional clients and mutual fund sponsors in over 60 countries. Our innovative investment solutions are built on the strength of proprietary, independent research and span the global capital markets, including equity, fixed income, multi-asset, and alternative strategies. As a private partnership whose sole business is investment management, our long-term views and interests are aligned with those of our clients. We are committed to attracting a talented and diverse workforce, and to fostering an open, collaborative, and inclusive culture because we believe multiple perspectives lead to more informed investment and business decisions. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome people with diverse life experiences, fresh ideas, and specialized subject-matter expertise.
The Private Investment Services Analyst will be responsible for the execution and support of all operational related activities within the private deal execution/settlement process, and lifecycle management (IPO, restriction tracking, corporate actions, re-registrations, & liquidity events). They will play an integral role in the coordination amongst functional groups when material events occur, and work closely with senior Analysts, management, & IT teams to develop and integrate private's data & workflows into a new Privates Technology Platform. Additionally, the Analyst will assist in the enhancement of existing processes and controls. We are looking for someone who is inquisitive, eager, and motivated to learn about the private industry and a broad range of operational functions.
- Execute all components of the private deal lifecycle, with a primary focus on the post execution settlement process, lifecycle events, IPO and liquidity exits, corporate actions, and deal level data management.
- Support senior Analysts to adapt and evolve processes, controls, workflows, and systems to prepare for new private funds and new asset classes.
- Play an active and critical role in the development and ongoing enhancement of WMC's Privates Platform Technology
- Track deal covenants, restrictions, and position changes for new and existing deals, especially during security creation and lifecycle events.
- Ensure stakeholders receive consistent, timely and accurate communication for operational events associated with private placements.
- Support data needs for all functional teams involved in the private process, in particular, for Investors and internal/LP reporting
- Develop and publish metrics for Private Placement deals and operational impact.
- Coordinate activities when an impactful event has been identified such as IPOs, cleaning of restricted shares, SEC registration, corporate actions, and distributions.
The successful candidate for this position is likely to:
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- 2-4 years of relevant experience covering private asset class and fund structure concepts, with a focus on operational functions (corporate actions and settlements a plus).
- Have strong technical skills such as SQL, PowerBI, Tableau, and Excel macros.
- Act independently, proactive, and ability to drive results
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task in a deadline driven environment
- Intellectually curious with strong problem-solving skills
- Outstanding organizational and communications skills
Privates Operation Analyst LOCATION
100 Federal Street
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .