Private Investment Services Analyst
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours. POSITION
The Private Investment Services Analyst will be responsible for the execution and support of all operational related activities within the private deal execution/settlement process, and lifecycle management (IPO, restriction tracking, corporate actions, re-registrations, & liquidity events). They will play an integral role in the coordination amongst functional groups when material events occur, and work closely with senior Analysts, management, & IT teams to develop and integrate private's data & workflows into a new Privates Technology Platform. Additionally, the Analyst will assist in the enhancement of existing processes and controls. We are looking for someone who is inquisitive, eager, and motivated to learn about the private industry and a broad range of operational functions.
- Execute all components of the private deal lifecycle, with a primary focus on the post execution settlement process, restricted sales (DRS & DWAC), wire processes, restriction tracking, IPO and liquidity exits, corporate actions, and deal level data management.
- Leverage experience of private investments and fund concepts to adapt and evolve processes, controls, workflows, and systems to prepare for new private funds across a variety of asset classes (Credit, SPACs, PIPEs, Fund of Funds, and PE).
- Track restrictions and position changes for new and existing deals, especially during security creation and lifecycle events and action accordingly.
- Play an active and critical role in the development and ongoing enhancement of WMC's Privates Platform Technology (Dynamo)
- Ensure stakeholders receive consistent, timely and accurate communication for operational events associated with private placements.
- Support data needs for all functional teams involved in the private process, in particular, for Investors and internal/LP reporting
- Coordinate activities when an impactful event has been identified such as IPOs, cleaning of restricted shares, SEC registration, corporate actions, and distributions.
The successful candidate for this position is likely to:
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- 2-4 years of relevant experience covering private investments, with a focus on operational functions, notably settlements and corporate actions
- Have a good understanding of private investment & fund concepts across a range of asset classes, as well as both US and international settlement experience
- Have strong technical skills such as SQL, PowerBI, Tableau, and Excel macros.
- Act independently, proactive, and ability to drive results
- Excellent analytical and time management skills with high attention to detail
- Intellectually curious with strong problem-solving skills
- Outstanding organizational and communications skills
Private Investment Services Analyst LOCATION
100 Federal Street
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .