Private Equity Accountant - Third Party Fund Administrator - MA
- USD70000.00 - USD80000.00 per year + Bonus
- Boston, MA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Michael Page International - US
- 17 Feb 19
Internationally recognized international financial services organization seeks Alternative Investments Financial Reporting Specialist, covering Private Equity.
The private equity group within my client is over 600 people strong. They are the number 1 private equity third party administrator globally. This particular Financial Reporting division covers the asset class of Private Equity and they are based in Downtown Boston.
Reporting directly into the local manager, the main duties and responsibilities of the Private Equity Accountant will include the following:
- Calculate capital calls and distributions
- Allocate income to partners in accordance with terms of partnership agreements
- Prepare and issue quarterly financial statements, in accordance with US GAAP for each entity
- Maintain and update investment data (number of shares, location of securities, country of origin)
- Maintain all financial data in the investment database
- Post all journal entries and prepare monthly trial balance reports
- Reconcile all cash received from investors and investments
- Reconcile bank accounts
- Interact with clients and provide information as needed.
This role is an excellent foundation for someone who is looking to build a solid foundation of accounting in the private equity world. Unlike other large third party asset administrators in Boston, they are a hands on, broad, non-repetitive third party administration where you will gain full exposure to the Private Equity funds and clients. They intend on growing this team significantly in the coming years and it's therefore a phenomenal opportunity to be involved at such an exciting stage in their growth.
Apply today for consideration within 48 hours of submission.
In return for a competitive compensation package, the successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field plus related experience
- 2+ years in Private Equity accounting/ Accounting experience
- Prior private equity and/or financial services experience a plus
- General knowledge of industry and accounting principles
- Strong organizational and communication skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment and adhere to strict deadlines.
- Base salary of between $ 70,000 to $ 75,000 base salary (dependent upon experience)
- Performance related bonus scheme (+/-10% performance pending)
- Senior Associate/ Assistant Manager level
- Generous benefits package
- Work-life balance arrangements/ work from home available
- Downtown Boston location