Private Accounting Officer
Private Equity Fund Accounting & Administration, Officer Boston, Massachusetts/en-US/Global/job/Boston-Massachusetts/Private-Equity-Fund-Accounting---Administration--Officer_R-635923/apply
We are a team of dedicated accounting professionals who are passionate about delivering reporting and day-to-day accounting and support to our clients. Join this growing, high profile team focused on building solutions to revolutionize how State Street services our customers. State Streets Alternative Investment Solutions group provides a suite of services to more than 750 clients, including institutional investors, hedge fund managers, private equity fund managers and real estate fund managers. We offer deep, product-specific expertise in alternative investments and flexible, innovative solutions, including fund accounting, fund administration, corporate administration, risk and credit services.
What Part Will You Play?
As an Officer you will partner with both clients and colleagues to establish the workflow and client deadlines while supervising staff members. Through continuous communications with clients and business partners, you will have multiple responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Lead a diverse team involved in the preparation of financial statements for alternative investments products. Set individual and team targets and priorities; maintain standards of client service; conduct performance appraisals; and give feedback on performance.
- Act as the point of contact for clients with responsibility for implementing and supporting the service requirements of our clients while ensuring that regulatory and fund document deadlines are met. Be a source of technical support and guidance including reviewing financial statements prepared by your teams, ensuring accuracy and prepared in accordance with GAAP, prior to issuance to clients and/or auditors.
- Support new business integration and ensure operating models are designed to deliver best of breed service to clients bringing to bear our global footprint.
- Be the first line of defense in surfacing any potentially risky activity, and will work collaboratively with your team members to ensure data accuracy.
- Manage the planning, preparation, and execution of the monthly or quarterly net asset value reporting cycle for one or more alternative investment client relationships.
- Be responsible for the allocation of income to investors, determination of management and incentive fees in accordance with the waterfall provisions, and processing capital events such as capital calls and distributions.
- Work with internal teams both onshore and abroad to provide best in class service to our clients while always seeking ways to improve and automate workflow and processes.
- Ensure adherence with internal policies and procedures and compliance with external governing regulations.
- Coordinate all external audit requests, and requirements from financial reporting, tax, compliance, risk and regulatory reporting.
What Do We Need From You?
- A college degree (accounting preferred) and at least 5+ years of Fund accounting, general ledger or audit experience
- Experience in effectively leading teams and driving operational efficiencies.
- Previous Financial reporting experience
- Advanced Excel skills (advanced formulas, pivot tables, vlookup)
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and to work efficiently to meet client deliverables.
- Candidates must demonstrate initiative, be able to perform well under time constraints, and prioritize multiple assignments
Preferred Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Experience with alternative investment asset classes, complex fund structures and fee calculations desired
- CPA qualification is favorable but not required
- Knowledge of Investran is favorable
- Past experience leading verbal and written communications at senior levels with internal and external clients
Posted 3 Days AgoFull timeR-635923
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. Its also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. Youll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, we consider applications for all positions without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, citizenship, marital status, domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, military and veteran status, and other characteristics protected by applicable law. For more information, for U.S. jobs only, please read our .