Principal User Researcher (VP) - State Street Alpha
State Street is building out a UX team that is revolutionizing the investment world. We seek a variety of UX practitioners that are passionate about their craft, from user research to UX designers at all levels, creative technologists, and more. At State Street, design is in our DNA.
State Street Alpha, the industry's first and only Front-to-Back Platform, gives clients access to the complete investment lifecycle with the power of choice. By streamlining and improving their day-to-day operations through a single open platform, clients are free to focus on innovation and growth.
The Alpha Platform Management Team is looking to bring on a Sr. User Researcher to perform hands on research sessions for our platform clients. Key Responsibilities:
- Strategize, implement and maintain a consistent research discipline, discovering how users interact with modern financial products and enabling a deep understanding of current and potential customers.
- Create and execute brainstorm sessions and research studies with customers, stakeholders and internal users for concept generation, concept validation and usability.
- Gain user insight through qualitative in-depth interviews, stakeholder interviews, usability testing, quantitative surveys and contextual inquiries.
- Communicate research results, set baseline requirements for design and implementation and recommend strategic improvements to teams.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the Alpha brand.
About the State Street AlphaSM Platform
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 10 years' related experience
- Background in the user experience researcher field, designing and conducting user research studies and applying design-thinking methodologies
- Prior experience with innovative thinking, the value of research and working with stakeholders to deliver results
- Strong understanding of strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during product development processes
- Experience with accessibility standards, cross-platform issues, mobile user interfaces and systems-thinking
- Experience using modern design, prototyping and collaboration tools
- Experience interacting with various multi-disciplinary teams of professionals
- Strong time management skills, problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in survey design, including working knowledge of statistics and experimental design
- Experience in creating use cases, flow diagrams, prototypes, scenarios and wireframes in the context of user research
- Proficiency in industry best practices for desktop, mobile and web applications
- Experience working with Product Managers, Product Designers and Product Marketers
- Experience working in the financial industry
State Street's AlphaSM platform is the first front-to-back investment servicing platform for Institutional and Wealth Managers globally. State Street and Charles River Development share a common focus on helping clients achieve better investment outcomes. By combining our back- and middle-office expertise with Charles River Development's complementary front-office tools and solutions, we aim to provide clients with a comprehensive servicing platform across the investment process, supported by deep enterprise data management and transaction management capabilities. Our interoperable platform will also enable clients to integrate and align their preferred systems utilizing State Street provided data, as well as access to liquidity, insights and infrastructure.