Principal, Portfolio Accounting
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours. POSITION
The position is part of the Portfolio Accounting Group within InvesTech Operations. Portfolio Accounting manages, and is responsible for the integrity of the books and records of Wellington including reconciliation with our client's custodians to ensure we can provide comprehensive, accurate and transparent information to the firm. The integration of Portfolio Accounting with our investment capabilities provides investors transaction detail behind changes in positions, and a consolidated view of cash for more informed investment decisions.
The Principal, Portfolio Accounting is a senior position responsible for providing accounting expertise to the firm. This individual would also be responsible for guiding the continuous development of our accounting capabilities to ensure that we can provide our investors with timely and accurate positions, market values and cash balances to be incorporated into their investment decisions.
- Provide expertise on current accounting standards
- Central point of contact for accounting related inquiries
- Strategically review our accounting capabilities and make recommendations on areas where we need additional development
- Assess outsourced services to ensure we have the appropriate capabilities developed in-house versus outsourced
- Provide leadership and education across the firm regarding our accounting capabilities and work to resolve accounting issues experienced by cross-functional users of the data
- Perform impact analysis of regulatory and operational changes in portfolio accounting that impact the investment process and suggest ways to address changes, both tactically and strategically
- Participate in the New Instrument Working Group to ensure we will be prepared and can properly account for new instruments
- Provide guidance and expertise to Business Analysts and IT regarding development requirements for accounting initiatives
The successful candidate for this role must have a college degree and a minimum of 10-12 years of experience in the financial services industry with some experience working in portfolio or fund accounting. A CPA, advanced degree, or CFA is a plus. The individual must be well organized, resourceful, motivated and have the ability to adjust to rapidly changing priorities. The candidate will have strong and demonstrated communication and project management skills. Other important qualifications and experience would include:
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- Working knowledge of GAAP
- Experience working with, and accounting for, derivatives and synthetic exposures.
- Proven track record of initiating and managing change utilizing strong business judgment, risk analysis skills and risk mitigation techniques
- Broad knowledge of capital markets
- Solid understanding of investment management operations and support practices
- Well-developed interpersonal, presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent organizational, interpretation and decision making skills
- Demonstrate strong business judgment, including the ability to synthesize multiple complex issues and effectively balance competing objectives
- Dedicated, highly motivated and passionate professional with a strong service and investment orientation
- Ability to think with vision and communicate concisely
- Ability to partner effectively with others
- High degree of integrity and professionalism
Principal, Portfolio Accounting LOCATION
100 Federal Street
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .